Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
necklaces
I'm really wanting to know more about Roman men wearing necklaces as in Spartacus. Did they? Were they for a special reason? Where can I find out more about them?
Mili Gratius...

Sad Help!! I've lost my cheat sheet on Latin responses.
J
Hi,

Are you talking about Torcs?

Suhel
Not Torcs but maybe

I'm thinking like those in Spartacus.
J
Hello, Judy. It’s nice to see someone join from RAT's Facebook page.

Unfortunately I don’t know anything about Spartacus, but here are two threads that I mentioned on Facebook.

Beaded necklace talks a bit about them, and the third post has a list of books and websites to get more information.

Amber necklaces only talks about amber, but it has some archaeology reports.

Would you happen to have a screenshot of Spartacus with this necklace? If people can see what you are talking about they might be able to provide better information.
David J. Cord
www.davidcord.com
Su and Mike Poole from Tillerman Beads are EXTREMELY helpful in all matters beads and I am sure would be more than willing to assist you with your queries.

You can find them via FB as well as through this link
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
I only saw the 1960 Spartacus, and not sure if Kirk Douglas is still alive to ask :-P but didn't men and women often wear amulets for various purposes? Good luck, fertility,Evil Eye, favorite god/goddess etc.?
Caesar audieritis hoc
(03-14-2012, 09:24 PM)Vindex Wrote: Su and Mike Poole from Tillerman Beads are EXTREMELY helpful in all matters beads and I am sure would be more than willing to assist you with your queries.

You can find them via FB as well as through this link

(03-25-2012, 06:19 AM)Draconis Wrote: I only saw the 1960 Spartacus, and not sure if Kirk Douglas is still alive to ask :-P but didn't men and women often wear amulets for various purposes? Good luck, fertility,Evil Eye[URL="https://www.etsy.com/listing/1191230493"],[/URL] favorite god/goddess etc.?

bence bu konuda çok iyi kolyeler var erkeklerin de takabileceği.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Amber necklaces Franklin 11 3,715 03-14-2012, 11:47 PM
Last Post: Judy
  Beaded Necklaces? Update: 1st attempt - help! :o) Libitina 36 7,662 03-14-2012, 11:40 PM
Last Post: Judy
  Roman Coin Necklaces... Anonymous 0 1,596 03-10-2004, 10:54 PM
Last Post: Anonymous