Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making a cornu, or, having it made
I'd be very interested in obtaining some replica instruments; any one know of a source who might be willing to make a cornu or aulos? <p>Legio XX<br>
Caupona Asellinae</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Deepeeka do one (AH3870):<br>
<br>
www.deepeeka.com/swords/index.htm<br>
<br>
Not sure how accurate or functional.<br>
<br>
Shaun <p></p><i></i>
I think cornu came in multiple sizes so the Depeeka could be the right dimensions. I have not seen one, and have not heard one either. Anyone have? Nor for that matter, are they sold by the usual Depeeka resellers.<br>
<br>
<p>Legio XX<br>
Caupona Asellinae</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
I would never buy a re-enactment thing in India or other Asiatic countrys. There's so much bad crap for sale there.<br>
Better to spend a bitt more money on a good/real cornu than a cheap/fake thing. <p></p><i></i>
It depends on where it comes from. There is a lot of cheap, farb, crap out there but there are also some decent manufacturers as well. For example, a lot of the basic WWI and WWII uniform pieces come from a guy in Pakistan who works with original patterns. There are some stuff from Deepaka that's acceptable as well. You just have to search and know what you're looking for.<br>
<br>
Deb <p></p><i></i>
----------
Deb
Sulpicia Lepdinia
Legio XX
Forget the Deepeeka cornu. From what I've been told it's a piece of junk. It's shape is all wrong as well. It's closer to a French horn than a cornu. I'm afraid that a decent cornu would have to be custom made. <p></p><i></i>