Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Late Period sections?
Why not add a section for say, Germanic Military discussions? Since the Late Roman period is increasing in popularity, and the germanic people played a major role in that..thoughts? Maybe add a celtic one too! Big Grin
M. Artorius C. f. L. n. Sub. Silvanus

aka David Coleman
As a Late Roman re-enactor I'm of course all for a Late section should people want to, but actually I wouldn't advise it.

Why not? Well..
We already can have Celtic/Germanic Army discussions because there was much interaction between Romans and Celts'Germanics, but inevitably there would be culture and all that involved as well, which I feel does not belong on RAT.
Also, I would not want to have a specific Celtic/Germnanic forum, since many of these boards exist already, and we would get too far from the 'Roman' part of RAT.
With GAT there is a different reason to include it in RAT, because this also covers discussions about the Byzantine Army.

Contrary to what one would expect, I also not in favour of a Late Roman section.
There is already a well-functioning Late Roman board, operated by dedicated people who are also members of RAT: Secunda [url:1ftrufp1]http://www.kylosa.com/Hosting/Warriors_Home/Secunda/Forum/index.php[/url]

Apart from that, I feel it would be impractical to separate Late topices from the rest of the discussions. Where would it start? There will be much inevitable overlapping discussion anyway.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
--this belongs in Round Table--
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RAT v.3 - New Sections? Robert Vermaat 24 8,494 04-06-2008, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat