Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
names and signatures
Citizens, it has been asked before that all members please add their real names to their signatures... You don't have to remove your Roman name, just put your "muggle" name below it, such as:

a.k.a.: Joe Smith
...something nice and simple like this please! This is all we ask. Isn't it nice to actually know WHO your talking to, rather than some faceless moniker...

Remember, Citizenship has duties and responsibliltiies, as well as benefits. ;-) )

**One thing, we DO make exceptions to posting your "muggle" name _IF_ you have a valid reason, and by this, we mean job, security, or other reasons of personal safety... not "Ah don't want ma fishin' buddies ta know ah like Roman stuff..."

Anyway, Caesar asked me to post this and you don't really want to anger HIM... do you??
DECIMvS MERCATIvS VARIANvS
a.k.a.: Marsh Wise
Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

"A fondness for power is implanted in most men, and it is natural to abuse it when acquired." -- Alexander Hamilton

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.... But then I repeat myself." ~Mark Twain

[img size=150]http://www.romanobritain.org/Graphics/marsh_qr1.png[/img]
(Oooh, Marshall, you cannot use an icky modern QR code, it is against all policies and rules.)
My fellow members,
I am a newbee here and we know how vexing and annoying newbees can be unintentional or not.

My question is how do you all come about your Roman persona (names)? do you just simply create the one you favor or???

Would appreciate a little clue here,

I am also in the process of setting up shop again after quite a few years and will be making gladius, lorcia , Roman archery gear etc. Very slow going as presently have a very modest collection of tools etc. which hope to improve on soon. I will be finished with the first sample Mainz within the week or two and if permitted will upload some pics. These are of strong construction and of automotive spring steel stock.

Thanks for all

RT
Titus Publius Saturninus
Richard Tonti
some people translate their name into Latin/ Greek, other people just choose a name which they like.
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Many thanks for your kind response and much appreciated info.

Cheers,

RT
Titus Publius Saturninus
Richard Tonti
Quote:My fellow members,
I am a newbee here and we know how vexing and annoying newbees can be unintentional or not.

My question is how do you all come about your Roman persona (names)? do you just simply create the one you favor or???

Would appreciate a little clue here,

I am also in the process of setting up shop again after quite a few years and will be making gladius, lorcia , Roman archery gear etc. Very slow going as presently have a very modest collection of tools etc. which hope to improve on soon. I will be finished with the first sample Mainz within the week or two and if permitted will upload some pics. These are of strong construction and of automotive spring steel stock.

Thanks for all

RT
Big Grin Chuckle...Sorry mate, I have this picture of your lorica constructed of landrover road springs
Mike Carroll.
LEGIIAVG

Dying aint much of a living.
The funny thing is that most people know me by my `Roman name' as opposed my real one. It's `Audax' when I do gladiatorial stuff and `Audax Victor' when doing Late Roman stuff (although it's that name's cognate `Eadig' when I'm portraying a Saxon).

And most people just call me 'Dax...
Audax Victor (Steven Wade).

Part of the final Germanic push west.