Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman Furniture
Ave everyone,
I am very interested in building replicas of Roman wood furniture such as might have been found in camps, and inside forts and such. Furniture such as stools, chairs, chests for storage, tables, and cabinets.
Can anyone help me out with photos of original furniture, or even beautiful reproductions would be fine, so that I could get some ideas of what various items looked like? Any help such as photos, articles, etc. would be so greatly appreciated. I'm trying to build some items so that our reenactments are more realistic in appearance. Thanks so much for any help! Big Grin
Lucius Aurelius Metellus
a.k.a. Jeffrey L. Greene
Salve,

There are some nice reconstructions of Roman furniture on the Aurificina Treverica website at

www.replik-online.de

Kind regards,

Vale,
Quote:There are some nice reconstructions of Roman furniture on the Aurificina Treverica website

[Image: Moebel%20B1.jpg]
I bet you could make something like this.
[/url]
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
theres some furniture images on here

http://www.ourpasthistory.com/arbeia/index.htm
Thanks so much guys, those are excellent! Big Grin
Lucius Aurelius Metellus
a.k.a. Jeffrey L. Greene
Arbeia! I once acted out the part of a slave on the centurion's staff and hid under those seats in the triclinium from my centurion, who had me soundly beaten for not cleaning his armour well. All in front of a crowd of visitors !!
~ Paul Elliott

The Last Legionary
This book details the lives of Late Roman legionaries garrisoned in Britain in 400AD. It covers everything from battle to rations, camp duties to clothing.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman furniture Lonicvs 3 1,974 08-21-2011, 12:20 PM
Last Post: jvrjenivs