Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sugar v corn syrup and the CocaCola scam
Hey, remember when Coca Cola introduced "New Coke"?<br>
remember the public outcry, the rage and uproar over the Pepsification of Coke?<br>
Remember Coca Cola's <em>BIG</em> press annoucement.. "Oh we're <em>so</em> sorry for that marketing blunder.. as contrition we're introducing Coke Classic!...<br>
<br>
Well, guess what boys and churls Coke Classic is not original Coke.. see, original Coke was made with sugar, beet sugar and cane sugar, and was being supplemented with cornsyrup for a decade or so before the switch to New Coke.<br>
<br>
Classic Coke is made with cornsyrup. Do you see what they did?!? They dumped sugar. A conspiracy!<br>
<br>
Why? But why!?! Well, the US Govt saw fit some decades ago to "protect" US sugar growers... thus WE had to suffer, for decades we've suffered.. Whole generations of American kids have never tasted authentic Coke, made with real sugar.. corn syrup is a cheap low quality substitute... Govt protections did nothing but artificially raise the price of sugar. So what did businesses do? They found a less expensive alternate.. thus: cornsyrup. And we suffer!<br>
<br>
Now we here in San Diego, in fact anyone close to the Mexican/US border can drive a few miles and buy authentic Coke, because Coke <em>"hencho en Mexico"</em> is made with cane sugar (Cuban cane suger by the way!).. you can get Cuba cigars too, but that's another thread...<br>
<br>
It's often a HUGE bother driving into Mexico these days.. border crossing waits are as long as 3 hours. .. but that's another thread...<br>
<br>
So, write to your CongressMAN ... remove sugar tarriffs! .. remove artifical price controls!!<br>
<br>
Did you that since the introduction of cornsyrup as a substitute for sugar that American kids have gotten fatter?<br>
<br>
I remember when drinking one 6.5 oz icy Coke was immensely satisfying. But, now with 64oz Super Quencher Big Gulps at 7-11's (which are really 7-24's now aren't they, but that's another thread..)<br>
<br>
See what else has happened? Yup, you need MORE Coke in order to achieve satisfaction, satiation. Clever Coke!<br>
<br>
Where's my lawyer!<br>
<br>
<br>
Max Min <p></p><i></i>
Hibernicus

LEGIO IX HISPANA, USA

You cannot dig ditches in a toga!

[url:194jujcw]http://www.legio-ix-hispana.org[/url]
A nationwide club with chapters across N America