Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you hang your vexillum danglies....
Curious to know how people affix their flag, and the subsequent danglies on each end of their vexillum. My method isn't very efficient....so I'd like a few other ideas.

I was toying with putting some brass cotter pins on the ends of the dowel that holds the flag. I'd drill out a hole to fit the cotter pin in, and glue it. I dunno though.

What does everyone else do?

Legion: TBD
I just took a regular small screw (#6), cut off the head, ground down a section of thread on the end, forged it into a small hook. Then I placed the top brass ring of the studded strap in it, closed the opening and screwed it into the underside of the crossbar. More-or-less the same looking thing as you'd get with a cotter pin except that you won't have to do anything to hide the bent pin ends, and it's a helluva lot easier to just unscrew one should I need to remove the banner from the crossbar.

Matt
See FABRICA ROMANORVM Recreations in the Marketplace for custom helmets, armour, swords and more!
Hey, that's a good idea. You know, you could even get those "hook" screws...I think there are some at Canadian Tire that are already brass plated.

Thanks Matt!

Once again, I'm in your debt!

Legion: TBD
Hello! We have put the vexilum without tying to the cross-sectional bar, the cloth is sewn on itself by folding it.you can remove the flag by just removing it from the attachment device at the top of the shaft. In the lateral ends of the cross-sectional bar we have barilla of brass from where hang the leather and brass adornments. have I explained myself with enough clarity?
QUIM RÍPODAS
LEGIO PRIMA GERMANICA/SEPTIMANI SENIORES
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.primagermanica.com">http://www.primagermanica.com
Quote:Hey, that's a good idea. You know, you could even get those "hook" screws...I think there are some at Canadian Tire that are already brass plated.

Oh sure, if you want to take the easy way out :lol: Actually, if you want a small diameter hook or eyelet, the ones you buy come with a correspondingly short threaded section- and therefore won't hold very well- that's mainly why I made my own. Small hook, but long 'screw'. If you want brass ones, I recommend you just get some appropriately long brass screws and cut off the head, file down the end, etc. Of course you might get lucky and find decent ones for sale- it can't hurt to look.

Matt
See FABRICA ROMANORVM Recreations in the Marketplace for custom helmets, armour, swords and more!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do you hang your apron straps? Magnus 5 1,622 04-30-2012, 01:09 AM
Last Post: Magnus