Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manufactures of miniatures
humph indeed Deme... well when i have mastered the photo knack i will endeavor to post some piccies,....promise! mind you that could take a longer time than the romans took to get across the medway lol

martin
martin ward
vicuscenturion

carpe diem[/quote]
That's ok. I'm already practically ancient, so a little more time isn't a big percentage any more. :?
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Touche!!!!
martin ward
vicuscenturion

carpe diem[/quote]
Ave collegues!
My new little firm "CASTELLUM Miniatures" will be produce 90mm figures (1/20 scale)of "Ancient warriors" series made in polyurethane resin and white metal.
The first of the ones is the Phrygian warrior of Asia Minor, V Cent. BC, Persian King Xerces army:
[Image: c6e2486494fct.jpg]
The figure is based on the Greek vase art, and on the reconstruction made by Dr. Michael Gorelik:
[Image: 2b09fc4231a6t.jpg]
Master-figure photo:
[Image: 5ad90bf0e798.jpg]
It has been sculpted/made in Milliput and A+B putty, sheet plastic, metal, wood (spear shaft).
I'll update this when I get more time but I need to add for 6mm

http://www.irregularminiatures.co.uk/ -6mm Romans, Greeks, ancient armies
**irregular also do 15 & 25mm**
www.rapierminiatures.co.uk - 6mm Romans (fantastic figures)
Damian Laurence Zamprogno
Hi buddy,

El Greco Miniatures is also a good site for 54mm and busts (of all histrical periods)

regards

http://www.elgrecominiatures.co.uk/index.html
Kieran
does anyone know the size (length) of the zvezda carthaginian warship kit? I've built several greek and roman warships from Academy and ERTL at 1/250 scale (13 1/4 inches long) but I'm having a hard time figuring out the size of the Zvezda models.
thanks.
Warner

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi
I am into 6mm and Rapier are really nice models. have you got the list of manufacturers put together somewhere ?
cheers
warner

if anything to go by the roman/greek zvesda kits are about 1/2 again the size of the ones you mention, readily accept 1/72 scale figures although how accurate they are dimension wise remains to be see. it would appear having made three zvesda kits that the roman and greek ships are much the same with minor variations, i would assme the same goes for the cartaginian ship
martin ward
vicuscenturion

carpe diem[/quote]