Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Forum: Enemies of Rome
After some discussion among moderators, we have decided to open a new forum on this board as of June 1st for discussions pertaining to the enemies of Rome. Hope you enjoy it!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Fantastic idea!
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
A good idea indeed! I'll be sure to participate, because I have lots of things to learn :-) )

salue!
P. Lilius

aka David S. de Lis
Episkopos P. Lilius Frugius Simius Excalibor, :. V. S. C., Pontifex Maximus, Max Disc Eccl
David S. de Lis - my blog: <a class="postlink" href="http://praeter.blogspot.com/">http://praeter.blogspot.com/
Are you sure all these different barbarians will get along in a single forum?

Look at the fights that breakout here just among Romans.
>|P. Dominus Antonius|<
Leg XX VV
Tony Dah m

Oderint dum metuant - Cicero
Si vis pacem, para bellum - Vegetius
That's why we have mods.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Isn't "Enemies" sort of exclusive? What about all the Friends and Allies of Rome? I gather that this new list will include discussion about, say Celts, right? They were our faithfull companions and fellow citizens nearly as long as they were enemies.
Don't get me wrong. I applaud the idea of expanding the format of this forum to include ouroccasionally agressive neighbors who were less fortunate in their birth and were not Roman. I just think that the name of the new forum might be expanded to include foreigners who aren't crying for blood. I'll read it either way.
Si vales, valeo,
Gaivs Manlivs Magnvs
Centvrio Princeps Cohors I Legio VI Victrix Pia Fidelis

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Allies & Enemies of Rome Opened! Praefectusclassis 0 1,206 05-26-2005, 10:14 PM
Last Post: Praefectusclassis