Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medieval reenactor injured by spear
[url:mzp1ihsu]http://www.theherald.co.uk/news/41969.html[/url]

Serious but stable condition. It says as well that someone died in 2000 after being struck in the head by a shield.
Dan Diffendale
Ph.D. candidate, University of Michigan
I recall a well-covered-up incident involving the ESG when an unnamed guardsman was injured when charging into a ditch..

Oh, and just yesterday we had a member of Leg X Gemina who was lightly injured when he was speared in the back of his lower leg during a drill.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
I took a saber bayonet most way through the hand once while doing 19th century, it hurt, but I didn't tell anyone who might squeel because events in the U.S. have lawsuit scares, I just wrapped it up and did two more days of it, who says you need sterilization and antibiotics Big Grin good as new, except a huge scar that will be there forever.
aka., John Shook
Hi there

The Herald article mentions Paul Wallis, after a ceaseless 30 seconds google search I found the following article on Paul's unfortunate death.

[url:23u27nng]http://www.montacute.net/histrenact/archives/histrenact2000/0442.html[/url]

I have heard a few other stories, but have no way of quantifying whether they are true or not.

Given the poor guys that was hit the other weekend, I wonder if we are about to see a launch from the press into the horrors of reenactment injuries and death.

Do you think that it is acceptable to simply say 'with every contact sport there is an element of risk' or should battles become sanitised somehow further ... would they be any use then? I am lucky in so far that I only have to deal with 'single combats' and we choreograph those .. what do you massed combat guys think?

All the best and good luck.
One of the sculptures of Games Workshop, Michael Perry, had his right hand blown off when a cannon accidently fired when he was loading it during a re-enactment of the battle of Crécy in 1996.

What really is really impressive is that before the accident he was right-handed and he had to learn to sculpt miniatures with his left hand!
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW2 bomb explodes in Germany 17 injured Iagoba 8 1,760 09-27-2008, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Na Saighdiuir