Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Galley Battles: From Salamis to Actium
Finally! A galley combat game is in development! From the press release:
Quote:"Fans of ancient naval warfare, rejoice, for your ship has come in! Shrapnel Games would like to announce that we will be publishing Galley Battles: From Salamis to Actium, an exciting turn-based computer game covering the very early days of naval warfare. Developed by Spanish developer Hyperborea Studios, Galley Battles: From Salamis to Actium is expected to ship summer of 2006..." (more)
This is an indie game from a small publisher so I wouldn't expect too much in the way of graphics, but nevertheless it looks interesting.
Regards, Nicholas.
Woohoo! That could be interesting!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
I hope so too. This is a looong neglected subject that could make for a really good game.

They also have a forum and a website. The website is pretty sparse so far, but it does have some very early screenshots.
Regards, Nicholas.
Is it Hex based? Sort of like a computerised version of GMT's War Galley? (which I own, but have never played).
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
According to their Q&A section it's hex based with 50 meter hexes, five minute turns, and a 1:1 scale.

I haven't played War Galley, but something tells me the designer of this game probably has. Smile
Regards, Nicholas.
Very much looking forward to this!
Dan Diffendale
Ph.D. candidate, University of Michigan