Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grosvenor Museum Exhibition
All 24 original paintings from the three volumes of Roman Military Clothing published by Osprey will be on display at the Grosvenor Museum, Chester from the 10th September until the 13th November.

Graham.
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
Just curious to know if they have price tags on them, and if they're for sale, what such original stuff would go for; any ideas?
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Hello Richard

I am not planning to sell any of the paintings at the moment as I hope the exhibition will travel to a few other places first. However if you are interested in commissioning any original paintings drop me a line. My artwork is certainly not as expensive as that advertised on another thread!

Graham.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
The exhibition of the paintings from the Osprey Roman Military Clothing books was launched on Friday night and will be open to the public from Saturday 10th September until November 13th. It was the first time even I had seen all the paintings on display together.

As well as the paintings there are also two other exhibitions. One is entitled 'Revealing Cheshire's Past' featuring many objects from the Grosvenor Museum collections while the other displays the latest discoveries from the dig at Heronbridge outside Chester. Both include finds of Roman as well as Dark Age material.

Graham.

Quote: However if you are interested in commissioning any original paintings drop me a line.
Graham.

I'd certainly like to know about that. I don't see your email, but mine is in my profile ( [email protected] ) if you could send me yours.

Richard Campbell
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Good for you, Graham! I hope you have a great reception and response!

Big Grin
Andy Volpe
"Build a time machine, it would make this [hobby] a lot easier."
https://www.facebook.com/LegionIIICyr/
Legion III Cyrenaica ~ New England U.S.
Higgins Armory Museum 1931-2013 (worked there 2001-2013)
(Collection moved to Worcester Art Museum)
Hello Andy

Thanks for the kind words. Perhaps one day the exhibition will travel to America!

Graham.

Do you have digital versions of all those pictures Graham?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Hello Jasper

I have taken photographs of all the paintings with my digital camera. However Osprey own the copyright.

Graham.

Ahhh. Doh! And I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate your sharing those photos with all your fans...
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Quote:Ahhh. Doh! And I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate your sharing those photos with all your fans...

Hello Jasper

No I am sure they would rather you bought the books! Me too for that matter. If my books are a commercial success for them it might help my case with Osprey for more books in the future.

By the way have any local Rat members been to see the exhibition, I would like to know what they thought?

Graham.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Celtic exhibition in museum Tolmin Joze Noriker 5 1,979 05-08-2012, 10:08 AM
Last Post: huojin
  British Museum Hadrian Exhibition in July 2008 Caballo 26 7,041 07-25-2008, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Musivarius
  British Museum Hadrian Exhibition in July 2008 Caballo 0 998 12-22-2007, 01:14 PM
Last Post: Caballo