Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Membership Purge
Currently RAT has 1132 members, about 750 of whom came over when we moved here from EzBoard. Some of those older accounts have been reactivated, some members made new accounts.
The result is that we currently have a very large number of inactive members with incorrect mailaddresses (because they didn't carry over).
Since that is very unuseful (the mass-mailfunction, not to be used lightly, is useless for instance), the board administration will begin a membership purge this month.

HOW WILL THIS AFFECT YOU:
- If you have a valid email address, it won't.
- If you are lurking on RAT and used to have a login on Ezboard, but never activated it here, YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE REMOVED, unless you login with your old name, the generic password iguana1 and change your mailaddress before september 17th!
- If you signed up after the move from Ezboard, nothing will change.

If you are lurking on RAT...why? Get a login and join in. It's fun!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Greetings,
in some cases, it may be the same reason that I lurk a lot more than post, not really knowing enough about the subject in question, but being interested enough to want to read everything and, of course, to learn more... Big Grin
Regards
Arthes
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
I'm just trying to encourage people to participate. Lurking IS allowed. :wink:
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Just couldn't resist it.

[Image: 263472.jpg]
Lurcio from "Up Pompeii".
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Three days till the purge. If you want your name and post count saved, but you do NOT have a valid email adress, your account WILL BE DELETED. This is [size=150:genw6bz9]IRREVERSIBLE[/size].

Though you may make a new account with the same name, there is no way for the administration to correct your post count later on.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Quote:Currently RAT has 1132 members
Hmm.. 'Only' 1114 seem to be registred. Have some already volunteered to leave? Big Grin
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
No...
I had some spare time and since I have to do it by hand, I took a headstart. :twisted:
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Ouch.. down to 950!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
I estimate the final result will be around 500 active members
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Hmm. Down to 399!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans