Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fort MacArthur shot: Hadrian inspects the legions
Here's an image from Fort MacArthur this year:
[Image: beachcomposmall.jpg]

Caption: Emperor Hadrian, accompanied by Legate Julius Severus and a Praetorian contingent, prepares to inspect members of legionary expeditionary force arriving at Caesarea, Judaea, AD 134.

More images from this year's Old Fort MacArthur Days extravaganza will be up on the Legion VI VPF website shortly.
T. Flavius Crispus / David S. Michaels
Centurio Pilus Prior,
Legio VI VPF
CA, USA

"Oderint dum probent."
Tiberius
Nice place for a fotoshoot! Looking good there. Who are the other guys in the photo?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Quote:Nice place for a fotoshoot!

It was indeed. Fort Mac sits on a bluff overlooking San Pedro harbor, so you get these nice vistas of ocean with no modern distractions.

Quote:Who are the other guys in the photo?

Since you asked...

From left, the nearer milete group consists of Crixus (Mike Malin), Decimus (Dennis Banduk), Optio Flavius (me), Maximus (Mark Mulmgrew), Scaevola (Ron Glass), Dio (Arick Greenberg), and Florentius (Jared Fleury).

Praetorians: Marius (Greg Douglass), Regulus (Chris Ramirez), and (just visible over legate's shoulder) Darius (Gil Whitley).

Centurions: Marcinius ("Dex," of Legio XXII, Cincinnati OH) and Marcus Antonius (Robert Garbisch of Legio X Fretensis, Vallejo CA).

Emperor Hadrian: Tony Martos

Legate Julius Severus: J.D. Fiegelson

Far milite group: Ron Glass (again, composited in to hide some medieval pikemen), Magnus (Caius Man), Germanicus (Jeff Lutz, of Legio X), Marcus Flavius (Nikki Romani, ditto), Satorius (Linda Satorius) and Silanus (Randy Heer).

Unless otherwise mentioned, all are members of Legio VI Victrix Pia Fidelis (CA).
Centurio Pilus Prior,
Legio VI VPF
CA, USA

"Oderint dum probent."
Tiberius
Great. 8) Don't forget to show the rest.
--- Marcus F. ---
Ave, Caesar Hadrianus!

There will be more aplenty anon.
Centurio Pilus Prior,
Legio VI VPF
CA, USA

"Oderint dum probent."
Tiberius
At long last, here is a page with more images from Fort Mac this year:

http://www.legionsix.org/Fort%20Mac%202005.htm

Our theme was "Bar Kochba War," with vexillations of Legio VI and several other units gathered in one encampment in Caesarea, Judaea for the upcoming campaign.

Enjoy (hopefully)!
Centurio Pilus Prior,
Legio VI VPF
CA, USA

"Oderint dum probent."
Tiberius
Flavius,

I wish I could have made it there. The us coast guard had other plans for me however. I hope to make it to an event with you all when in town though. I will coming as a late roman however.

Dave
Valete,
Owain/Cicero
a.k.a. Dave Kufner

QUI DESIDERAT PACEM PRAEPARAT BELLUM

<a class="postlink" href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Segontium/">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Segontium/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sling shot brennivs - tony drake 12 3,199 03-20-2008, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Robert
  sling shot Marcus Mummius 26 5,118 05-02-2007, 09:35 AM
Last Post: Robert