Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help identifying Lorica Segmentata ...
Hello all,

I was hoping someone could clarify if the Deepeeka Lorica Segmentata Product #: AH3851 also goes by the product # of: A005. Are they one in the same? I see pictures of both items and the LOOK alike but they never say who the maker is. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Deepeeka still uses the AH3851 number, it is possible a dealer "re-assignes" their own number to the Lorica, or is assigning a new number to the newest models (which are totally better and more accurate than the old ones that deepeeka no longer makes). If you have picture or page, I will gladly look it over, we have seen dozens of Deepeekas over the years.

Rusty
Quote:Deepeeka still uses the AH3851 number, it is possible a dealer "re-assignes" their own number to the Lorica, or is assigning a new number to the newest models (which are totally better and more accurate than the old ones that deepeeka no longer makes). If you have picture or page, I will gladly look it over, we have seen dozens of Deepeekas over the years.

Rusty

Thank you for your help! I wish it was that simple that is what I thought at first but I am not too sure now. This is the armour I keep finding listed as A005:
[Image: armoura005.jpg]

Is this Deepeeka? If not, does anyone know if it is any good? Thanks in advance for your help!

Innis
Anyone else find it funny that the helmet is facing the back of the armour, or vice versa?

Legion: TBD
That is NOT a deepeeka, never was. They have some faults, as do nearly all commercially produced lorica, but are not nearly as inaccurate as that.

I have seen a few people with this lorica, not sure where it comes from. I have seen Indians Steelcrafts, Deepeeka, Mus rep, as well as some of our own design, and some others as samples that did not make it into the store (one reason we have so much surplus armor)... none had external rear leather strapping.

Do you have a picture of the front? Or a close up of the hinges would be productive too.
Quote:That is NOT a deepeeka, never was. They have some faults, as do nearly all commercially produced lorica, but are not nearly as inaccurate as that.

I have seen a few people with this lorica, not sure where it comes from. I have seen Indians Steelcrafts, Deepeeka, Mus rep, as well as some of our own design, and some others as samples that did not make it into the store (one reason we have so much surplus armor)... none had external rear leather strapping.

Do you have a picture of the front? Or a close up of the hinges would be productive too.

Unfortunately that is all I have as all sites that list it only have that picture. I take it though that you would not recommend this armour then? Thanks for all your help!
Innis,

The easiest thing you can do is visit Matthew Amt's website :

[url:3q290uoa]http://www.larp.com/legioxx[/url]

[url:3q290uoa]http://www.larp.com/legioxx/supplrs.html[/url]

It'll tell you where not to go and what not to buy with regards to buying accurate armor and other kit items for your impression.
Jaime
Hello,

I think just this item was offered in German Ebay.de last week for only 150 Euro. I didn't bit and watched the auction and IIRC the price didn't rise very much.

Greets - Uwe
Greets - Uwe

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lorica Segmentata Hardware. Marcus33 0 270 10-28-2021, 05:02 AM
Last Post: Marcus33
  Lorica segmentata construction help 9thlegion 4 1,783 03-03-2018, 02:53 AM
Last Post: A_Volpe
  Advice on removing rust from Lorica Segmentata Adriangunn 6 3,934 02-16-2017, 11:20 PM
Last Post: Mervlvs