Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It\'s a Boy!! It\'s Alonso!
Quote:And the Frisians can have their own country too? :wink: (do any players of the current national team come from there?)
By all means! And we'll ditch Limburg and flog Zeeland to the Belgians! Big Grin
Brabant seems to have the best sportsmen and women anyway.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
We, the Catalans, have no problems with the Asturians! It's just I wanna be called what I feel I am from, just that, it's no big deal...

We are all the same where ever we come from, good or evil, that depends on the person not on the nationality (I know you all already know that! But it sounds good, doesn't it? :wink: ).

About soccer/football we already have our own national team, but we're not allowed to play official games! Anyway, I don't like football either! What I like is baseball, that I played it for many years, but I'm in the wrong country, I guess... :roll:
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
Ahhh Hispania!...to think that the Iberian penninsula gave the Romans the most grief and afterwards became the most staunch supporters of Roman civilazation well into the Visigothic era. Oh, how I wish to visit La Madre Patria someday!
aka: Julio Peña
Quote:"audaces Fortuna iuvat"
- shouted by Turnus in Virgil\'s Aeneid in book X just before he is utterly destroyed by Aeneas\' Trojans.
Where are you from Julio?

I think, in fact, that Italy the is REAL Mater patriam! And so HELLAS, and Kemit, and Hattusas, and Sumer, and The middle country, and Further away in time... all in a helical cycle.
Ivan Perelló
Quote:Where are you from Julio?

I think, in fact, that Italy the is REAL Mater patriam! And so HELLAS, and Kemit, and Hattusas, and Sumer, and The middle country, and Further away in time... all in a helical cycle.

Ave FAVENTIANVS,

I hail from Brooklyn, NY here in the good ole USA. As far as my provenance, well my parents are Dominican so I consider myself 100 por ciento latino. As a latin american we look to Spain as the mother country. Big Grin

As far as I know my great-great-grandfather was a Spaniard by my fathere's side. You are so correct, however, in your statement above. One question...Kemit? What kingdom was that? I know all the others.
- shouted by Turnus in Virgil\'s Aeneid in book X just before he is utterly destroyed by Aeneas\' Trojans.
Hi,

Quote:And we'll ditch Limburg and flog Zeeland to the Belgians!

Well that would be the only way to lower our IQ-average to your level :wink: .
Hans
Flandria me genuit, tenet nunc Roma
We usually say that if a southerner moves to belgium, the IQ in both countries goes up Big Grin
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Why would you get rid of the only two parts of the Netherlands that are worth a visit Big Grin .

Greets,

Hans
Flandria me genuit, tenet nunc Roma
Salve Julio!

The Egyptians called their country KEMIT, Aegyptus, or better Aegyptos is the Greek translation (somebody shall correct me if I'm wrong).

The middle country or middle kingdom is China, In Chinese, Zhōngguó 中國 (China) means the kingom in the middle of the 2 rivers: the yellow river and the Yangtze.

中=Middle
國=country, land.
Ivan Perelló
Quote:The Egyptians called their country KEMIT, Aegyptus, or better Aegyptos is the Greek translation (somebody shall correct me if I'm wrong)
Misr is also an ancient name. It's still the official name, but Misreël is a name for Egypt already mentioned in the Bible.

Trivia: Gypsies are called that because they were thought to originate in Egypt.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Thanks for the info, Vortigern and FAVENTIANVS! Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fernando Alonso World Championship F1 GALLA PLACIDIA 17 3,096 10-31-2006, 12:19 AM
Last Post: GALLA PLACIDIA