Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anoying pop up adds and massive banners
Since the last maintenance this page is overcrowded with these very anoying banners and pop ups. Any way to limit these? I have now even seen banners between two posts in the same thread <p></p><i></i>
[Image: ebusitanus35sz.jpg]

Daniel
Nope. It's horrible and EzBoard's subtle way to force us to come up with another $135 or so, to buy those off for another year. Now there are undoubtedly plenty of generous RAT-ers who will cough up some money, but at this moment, we're applying for extra serverspace on RA.com where we can install our own (yabb) board in the same design as RA.com. <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Use Firefox with the Flashblock extension.<br>
<br>
Mike Bishop <p></p><i></i>
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
Yuck <br>
<br>
I almost had a hart-attack when I logged in today after a few days of not visiting RAT.<br>
<br>
You need donators to get rid of those ridiculous and horrendous ads? I'm willing, I'm willing, just tell me how!<br>
<br>
Hans <p></p><i></i>
Flandria me genuit, tenet nunc Roma
As I said in my first comment: we're working on our own hosted forum (in fact, only stupid administrative slowness at our chosen host is keeping me back). Cheaper for everyone and no popups, guaranteed! <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
what popups? (using Firefox et al)<br>
<br>
<p>"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance -- that principle is contempt prior to investigation." Herbert Spencer</p><i></i>
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
moderator, Roman Army Talk
link to the rules for posting
[url:2zv11pbx]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=22853[/url]
hmmm,<br>
<br>
very annoying indeed, but we´ll wait until the new promised land has arrived.. <p>-------------------------------------------------------<br>
A great flame follows a little spark.<br>
Dante Alighieri,The Divine Comedy<br>
</p><i></i>
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Wow, I've already won the hourly contest three times today!<br>
<br>
Hans <p></p><i></i>
Flandria me genuit, tenet nunc Roma
I'm not getting any pop-ups, Netscape blocks them for me, but all these f-in' ads SUCK! And now when I try and sign in, the damn thing keeps harassing me to sign up for crap ;-0 Please let us know when you can get new system going. Also, if you have a prob w/ your webserver, let me know, I have a couple good places that are cheap now. ;-)<br>
<br>
Will you be able to just move us across or will we have to sign back up and all? Also, ar eyou saving the archives? Ack, that'd suck! Too much work...<br>
Good Luck! Marsh <p>DECIMUS MERCATIUS VARIANUS<br>
<br>
LEGIO IX HISPANA<br>
NorCal Chapter<br>
<br>
Netscape Aim/AOL screen name: Sturmkatze<br>
<br>
Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt.</p><i></i>
DECIMvS MERCATIvS VARIANvS
a.k.a.: Marsh Wise
Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

"A fondness for power is implanted in most men, and it is natural to abuse it when acquired." -- Alexander Hamilton

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.... But then I repeat myself." ~Mark Twain

[img size=150]http://www.romanobritain.org/Graphics/marsh_qr1.png[/img]
(Oooh, Marshall, you cannot use an icky modern QR code, it is against all policies and rules.)
Just got back from Impact of the Roman Empire Conference on Capri. Great fun, unbelievably tired now. Got the webspace though and hope to have a new RAT basically working tomorrow.<br>
I am afraid though that it will entail a new registration, sorry bout that<br>
<p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Well, it needs to be prettyfied, but I think it works. Our new RAT: RAT v2 <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Archives??? <p></p><i></i>
>|P. Dominus Antonius|<
Leg XX VV
Tony Dah m

Oderint dum metuant - Cicero
Si vis pacem, para bellum - Vegetius