Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Persian Expedition
All the talk about 300 spartans has made me think that we should start a lobby group to get the Persian Expedition made into a movie. It has all the requirments of a modern blockbuster, big battles, triumph over adversity, all wrapped up in a story that hasn't been done yet!

I'll write the script if somebody out there wants to fund it.

Any takers?
"History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again." Maya Angelou
Personally, I think one scene would be better. For example, only Salamis (or Thermopylae). The Alexander movie wanted too much, and in the end offered nothing.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Well the Persian expedition would make an expensive historical serail.
I hope thougt that they resurect the idea to make F. Miller's comic into a movie preferably without the elephant and better research on Spartan heraldry. I offer to help them if they like.
Kind regards
Stefanos
I would like the story from the Persian point of view, something like Creation by Gore Vidal.
AKA Inaki
I think that latest archeological and historical information could help on what Aryaman suggested. Yes, I too would be interested to see how the Persian desicion making was influenced by court relation, internal politics and various interests hanging in the balance. Ideal would be if the scenario writer could reflect objectively in action and counter action among the fighting parties.
Kind regards
Stefanos
Good idea,Stefanos.

Sort of like "The Longest Day"
in ancient perspective.

Don't we have some writers
in the forum who might
champion such a venture(hint,hint :wink: )
Andy Booker

Gaivs Antonivs Satvrninvs

Andronikos of Athens
Seems like a chalenge to put my meager writitng skills to the test.
Kind regards.
Stefanos