Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
looking for 6th-7th century byzantine recruits
hi, there are about 5 of us right now, we need more I decided. we are the only real group doing earlier byzantine in the U.S. currently, we are accepting applicants from the midwest (MI, OH, IN, WI, IL, etc.), and recruits from Pennsylvania and maryland, maybe some other states in the area on a case by case basis.

if interested contact me at: [email protected]

we have a route march in michigan coming up in two weeks, and other events throughout the year (yes, even in the winter)

minimum gear is tunic, Hasta, and footwear to start drilling and marching. you also must get some sort of sheild eventually, for a small fee I will probably make you one (no, I will not sell to people outside of the group), same actually goes for the hasta.

we are primarily living history, but we will also usually do some combat demos for the public (live and dead steel).

email if you are interested at the above address.
aka., John Shook
Too early for me I'm looking at the time of the Komnenos :twisted:

BTW, I'm From OH, were are your group located?, maybe worth to make a trip by car...

Greets!

Remarks by Philip on the Athenian Leaders:
Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
we are in detroit michigan, we do events in OH, and all over. If you really wanted to do that komnenian impression we would use you in a timeline setting-you would be required to obtain basic early gear though.

come to early byzantine-come over to the dark side :twisted:
aka., John Shook