Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
aaaarrrrrggggghhhhh!
what is going on??? <p></p><i></i>
If you're referring to the hit-and-miss nature of this site when trying to access it, I share your grief, brother. <p>...in layman's terms.</p><i></i>
Poor fellows!<br>
<br>
Did you get my email to you on the matter?<br>
<br>
I suspect Ezboard recognizes us all by IP address, rather than by cookies. If you're using the same IP as another member, Lucius in this case, then the two of you may experience "identity problems."<br>
<br>
I'm not sure this will help, but try manually logging in rather than relying on Ezboard's auto-recognition feature to get it right. If all else fails, check with www.ezboard.com tech support as it is an account problem rather than a RAT problem, I daresay.<br>
<br>
Cheerio!<br>
<br>
Jenny <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
Hi Jenny<br>
<br>
Vardulli and me use the same ISP. However, we both get a different dynamic IP address when we log on to the network, albeit only the last three digits are unique. I have also cleaned my PC, short of reformatting the hard disk, yet I still appear to be logged in as Vardulli. This is an ezboard problem, not an ISP one. <p></p><i></i>
Hi Lucius,<br>
I'm seeing you under your real identity now!<br>
<br>
Greets<br>
<br>
<br>
Jasper<br>
<p></p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Yes Jenny got your email thanks<br>
<br>
funny thing now is that the most recent post on the board is dated 5.5.01- yet there more recent posts??<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>
You are experiencing the "mysterious ways of EZboard," friends. E EM <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
Talking of emails, jenny, did you get mine? <p>It's not a bug, it's a feature</p><i></i>
In the name of heaven Catiline, how long do you propose to exploit our patience..
Yes, hi Ed! I did, but haven't gotten a Round Tuit. It's rolling about on the floor somewhere, will hunt for it tonight I think. You can send me Word files as unzipping things is a bit tedious -- first save, then open WinZip, then hunt for the saved file, etc.<br>
<br>
I'll have a look, but for the proper editorial analysis, send it to Sander. He's the Legions editor and if it's late legions you're about, he'll be a better critic than I. Once he's put his chop on it, I'll take it and format for publishing. You need his email? He's listed under the Staff & Credits section.<br>
<br>
Other items to come include a very nice look at Legio IX by Sion McElveen who has that lovely website on Vercovicium, a discussion of I Adiutrix by Jasper whose last name I simply can't spell , and more! Do add to the list! Get your finger out and start writing. (Please.)<br>
<br>
Cheers,<br>
<br>
Jenny <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny

Geeeez Jenny, it isn't that difficult, I have been able to spell it for at least 20 years!<br>
<br>
Jasper <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/ujasperoorthuys.showPublicProfile?language=EN>Jasper Oorthuys</A> at: 5/7/01 6:29:27 pm<br></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Oorthuys, Oorthuys, Oorthuys... OK, got it. E EM <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny

At last, the world seems to have returned to normal.... <p></p><i></i>
Salve,<br>
<br>
If anything concerns the late Roman army I am all ears. A copy of the article would be gladly recieved. My home e mail address is: [email protected] <br>
<br>
My own contribution is long overdue, but I am still able to shoot gaping holes in it when I am reading critically.<br>
<br>
Regards,<br>
<br>
Sander van Dorst <p></p><i></i>
Hi Jenny<br>
<br>
i can't remember why, but there was a specific reason why I zipped it at the time. Sorry, oh well, but for one thing I'm inclined to zip everything, having the uni netwrok connection I'm inclined to forget people have slower connections, and i zip to stop my self uploading 1 meg files thinking hey that's ok, I'd get it in under a minute, surely they will too.<br>
<br>
Sander check your email, I've sent the piece, with a covering note<br>
<br>
<br>
Ed <p>It's not a bug, it's a feature</p><i></i>
In the name of heaven Catiline, how long do you propose to exploit our patience..
See Jenny, it isn't that difficult E EM<br>
<br>
Has anyone reserved Legio X Fretensis yet? If not, I'll write up a discussion about this one.<br>
Next week, I'll be visiting Mainz, a travelogue report will be done some time after.<br>
<br>
Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/ujasperoorthuys.showPublicProfile?language=EN>Jasper Oorthuys</A> at: 5/8/01 12:55:03 pm<br></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys