Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
aaaarrrrrggggghhhhh!
No, Jasper, we haven't gotten past the I-series legions yet, but if you like, have at it with Fretensis. I'm sure Section will enjoy seeing a write-up on his favorite legion, and you did such a nice job with Adiutrix. <br>
<br>
I'm going to have to re-format your discussion a bit, as it's just too verbose in places. E EM But what I'll do to ensure none of the info is left out, is simply to include a "discussion" block at the end, so any contentious issues can be dealt with at further length than the present format permits.<br>
<br>
Can't wait to hear about Mainz! If you were going on a weekend, I could meet you there. If the column base with the legionaries is there, would you mind taking some nice pictures, including a close-up on those pesky fishes (dolphins I believe) on the helmets? Also, there's one with auxiliaries as well. I do expect the former relief represents a pair of Adiutrix legionaries; a photo would go nicely with your Adiutrix write-up, wouldn't it?<br>
<br>
Hee-hee, Sander, is an author EVER satisfied with his work? I know my Praetorians essay will never be good enough even once I've finished it. Phew!<br>
<br>
Oh BTW, how did you get that interesting icon, Jasper? "CS" -- does that mean you are now a paying customer of Ezboard? No pop-ups for you?<br>
<br>
Cheers all,<br>
<br>
Jenny <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
Verbose, me? E EM That's something I haven't been accused of very often! I guess I tried too hard.<br>
<br>
I'm not sure about the Mainz timetable yet, I'm just catching a ride with my parents who'll be trekking towards Italy. I'll be in Mainz in the weekend anyway, so if and when I do know more, I'll mail you, ok?<br>
I'll take my camera along, don't worry!<br>
<br>
That 'CS' indeed means no more irritating pop-ups and I'm doing my bit to keep RAT up. As it's only 7$/6 months, it's not too bad.<br>
<br>
Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
look forward to your report on Mainz also.<br>
<br>
I hope to get there in July- fingers crossed etc<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>
Aaaarrrrrggggghhhhh, what a great title for this thread!<br>
<br>
By the way, RA.com has just been updated. Do go see Jasper's write-up on I Adiutrix. I've yet to finish I Augusta and also have two maps to make, but that's a job for another day soon. Jasper's bio is also new under Staff & Credits. He's sent me a cute little photo of himself -- such a nice smile -- for the bio. Be sure you all have a look at the new stuff. Re-enactor links are also updated.<br>
<br>
I got a nice little email from a young man of 12 who wants to contribute. I was thinking to myself we might create a "Kids' Corner" of RA.com, where young enthusiasts could submit artwork and stories and their own researches. Thoughts?<br>
<br>
Cheers,<br>
J. <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
An essay on the Tenth Legion would be wonderful. Was kicking around the idea of contributing a brief history of the Tenth myself. Have at it, ol' boy! I have tons of info on this legion, so if you need any material, just holler. <p>...in layman's terms.</p><i></i>
Thanks for the offer, tomorrow I'm going to have a look at the Universitylibrary to see what it has to offer. After that I may start hollering!<br>
<br>
Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper<br>
<br>
Oh, and Jenny, *blush*, I think? <p></p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine