Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Merry Christmas
Merry Christmas/Saturnalia/Miithras birthday to all of you!

[Image: kerstboom.gif]
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Season's Greetings to one and all.

"Peace on earth,good will to men".
Andy Booker

Gaivs Antonivs Satvrninvs

Andronikos of Athens
Quote:Andym I do not belive my eyes are you for real-No Christmass in UK :!: :!: :!: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Stefanos

Well Stephanos,thanks to political correctness gone mad,various Town and city Councils have banned Christmas Lights,Carol services and other Christmassy things as it maybe deemed offensive to our Immigrant Population.Sad but there you go.
Timeo Danaos et Dona ferentes

Andy.(Titus Scapula Clavicularis)
In the roman times we can only celebrate the "Solstice Day" – the Saturnalia at 21st December - the shortest daylight in the year…

It`s one of the most important celebrations at this time of the year.

But… Happy Christmas / New Year and a lots of fun to Hall the re-enactors and… see you in the next year (in the XXI Century...)

Feliz Natal e Bom Ano Novo

Alexius
Primus Inter Pares

Cetobrigus Alexius / Alexandre de Setúbal
Quote:
hoplite14gr:wplakrg5 Wrote:Andym I do not belive my eyes are you for real-No Christmass in UK :!: :!: :!: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Stefanos

Quote: Well Stephanos,thanks to political correctness gone mad,various Town and city Councils have banned Christmas Lights,Carol services and other Christmassy things as it maybe deemed offensive to our Immigrant Population.Sad but there you go.

There are a few comments I could make, but it would probably be against the rules....i'm not racist ... but this is basically our country and heritage that is being denied.
I am not a Christian but Christmas does not offend me, I enjoy it....and all the gaudy atmosphere and friendliness, even the carols being played in all the shopping precincts. A few pretty lights can cheer up the most gloomy of places...
What I do find offensive is drunken and offensive behaviour that ruins it for others and the poor and the homeless on the streets who go without, while others spend more than I earn in a year on Xmas food and gifts, simply for show :evil:
regards
Arthes
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
I am not deeply religious an most churches woul call me a heretic.
But I agree with Christina. Christmass is part of Europe's heritage.
No small group of "officials" of whatever origins beliefs or intentions should ban others coulture on the pretext of offence-and not without referentum.
If people want more on the subject we can take it to the off topic sections
so our Admin would not be annoyed.
Excuse my rant.
Mary Christmass, Jule, Saturnalia, Mithra´s day
AND
Season´s Greetings for the not religious.
Buone feste, buon natale a tutti!
Cercate di non mangiare troppo e non esagerate con il bere.

Happy holidays and Merry Christmas to all.
Try not to eat too much and don't exagerate with the drinking.
Jeffery Wyss
"Si vos es non secui of solutio tunc vos es secui of preciptate."
Alexius: I thought the Saturnalia was on the 17th, even though the solstice itself is indeed on the 21st? (The celebration lasts some days though, right?)

No matter when it is: Io! Io! Gaudeamus!
PRIMVS CALPVRNIVS LIVIANVS aka SANGVE aka Øystein Bech Gadmar
LEG XV AP of Norway (Romans? In Norway?!)

Somniatorem me dixeris, sed unicus non sum
-- Johannes Lennonius, MXMLXXI
Quote:Happy holidays and Merry Christmas to all.
Try not to eat too much and don't exagerate with the drinking.
Damn - failed already :roll:

Seasons Greetings everyone! Big Grin
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, our best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practised within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all; and a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2006, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures, and without regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith, choice of computer platform, or sexual preference of the wishes. By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher.

This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.

OH, WHAT THE HECK:
HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND BEST WISHES FOR THE NEW YEAR!
Timeo Danaos et Dona ferentes

Andy.(Titus Scapula Clavicularis)
:lol: :lol:
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Politically Correct Christmas Greeting

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From us ("the wishor") to you ("hereinafter called the wishee") Please accept without obligation, implied or implicit, our best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, politically correct, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all

... and a financially successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2001, but with due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures or sects whose contributions to society have helped make America great, (not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country or is the only "AMERICA" in the western hemisphere), and having regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith, choice of computer platform or dietary preference of the wishee.

By accepting this greeting you are bound by these terms that-

This greeting is subject to further clarification or withdrawal
This greeting is freely transferable provided that no alteration shall be made to the original greeting and that the proprietary rights of the wishor are acknowledged.
This greeting implies no promise by the wishor to actually implement any of the wishes.
This greeting may not be enforceable in certain jurisdictions and/or the restrictions herein may not be binding upon certain wishees in certain jurisdictions and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wishor.
This greeting is warranted to perform as reasonably may be expected within the usual application of good tidings, for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first.
The wishor warrants this greeting only for the limited replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wishor
Any references in this greeting to "the Lord", "Father Christmas", "Our Saviour", or any other festive figures, whether actual or fictitious, dead or alive, shall not imply any endorsement by or from them in respect of this greeting, and all proprietary rights in any referenced third party names and images are hereby acknowledged.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Andy, Robert I Love it :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
I want your permission to publish it to other blogs if you ar OK with it.
:?:
Kind regards
Stefanos
Hi Stefanos,

Well, it's from the internet, so please go ahead!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Io! Io! Gaudete omnes hodie!

While the rest of the world have to wait a week, we happy Romans can break out the festivities today already, leading to a great Sol Invictus about the time the others get around. Then we can join them in their celebrations for the sake of good neighborship, and finally join up with our Russian friends to make it a full month and more of fun!

It's good to be Imperial Roman. *burp*

And, oh: Be nice to your slave today! :wink:

http://penelope.uchicago.edu/~grout/enc ... nalia.html
PRIMVS CALPVRNIVS LIVIANVS aka SANGVE aka Øystein Bech Gadmar
LEG XV AP of Norway (Romans? In Norway?!)

Somniatorem me dixeris, sed unicus non sum
-- Johannes Lennonius, MXMLXXI

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Merry Christmas! Flavivs Aetivs 4 2,294 12-27-2015, 11:56 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat
  Merry Christmas Aryan Steels 10 2,155 12-26-2014, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Macedon
  Merry Christmas Aryan Steels 32 5,040 01-01-2014, 07:36 AM
Last Post: Epictetus