Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hoplite Shield Designs
Well done! 8)

"The men who once dwelled beneath the crags of Mt Helicon, the broad land of Thespiae now boasts of their courage"
Philiades

"So now I meet my doom. Let me at least sell my life dearly and have a not inglorius end, after some feat of arms that shall come to the ears of generations still unborn"
Hektor, the Iliad
Aspis Apis. I love it!
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Thank you.
And thank you all for the discussion and information.

BTW, I hear that Price Cyrus is getting a small expedition together.
We're marching east from Ephesus.
I'll be waiting at the Magnesian Gate. See you there!
Gauis Julius Quartus / John Christianson

Multum cum in omnibus rebus tum in re militari potest fortuna. (Caesar, BG, VI.30)
Monograms on shields.....

http://stefanosskarmintzos.wordpress.com...d-devices/

Kind regards
I can't see any images form th elast few posters, apart from Theo's and Stefanos!

But, I was wondering if anyone had an image of the eagle monogram someone mentions as a possibility for an Elian Aspis?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:I can't see any images form th elast few posters, apart from Theo's and Stefanos!
The discussion is over 2 years old, and the images have probably been removed in lost in conversions?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:
Gaius Julius Caesar post=322674 Wrote:I can't see any images form th elast few posters, apart from Theo's and Stefanos!
The discussion is over 2 years old, and the images have probably been removed in lost in conversions?

:oops:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hoplite Shield/Panoply Color Harrisonfletch 0 971 04-02-2020, 01:28 AM
Last Post: Harrisonfletch
  Silver shield shield designs? Rizzio 0 1,485 08-15-2016, 09:29 PM
Last Post: Rizzio
  Any current works about hoplite shield devices? Condottiero Magno 2 2,236 08-11-2014, 01:01 PM
Last Post: hoplite14gr