Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nearly 400,000
Wow, I see we're nearly at 400,000 visits. With our daily average of a daily 1460 (now), it should take only a month or two to reach half a million! That means that on average, since the start in January 2001 we've had nearly a thousand visits per day! Weehee <p>Greets<BR>
<BR>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Congratulations to you Jasper, Sander and Jenny, and everyone else here! <p>Richard Campbell, Legio XX.
http://www.geocities.com/richsc53/studies/ </p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Yes - but where is the RomanArmy.com site. Less time talking, more time working. <p>Strategy<br>
Designer/Developer<br>
Imperium - Rise of Rome</p><i></i>
Regards,

Michael A./MicaByte
You got us there. EM <p>Greets<BR>
<BR>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Just to update, we're nearly at 500,000 views (499,000+), now up to an average of 1569 / day, with over 16,100 posts, averaging 38 /day. <p>Richard Campbell, Legio XX.
Richard Campbell
RAT member #6?
Congratulations to the staff, especially Jasper an Sander (sorry Jenny, Rich and all the others). Anyway you all make this site worth coming here, at least once a day. These 500.000 hits are all due to the the effort all of the staff made (and make) each day. Thanks from my side, and I hope also from the rest of the community.<br>
<br>
Cheers,<br>
<br>
Helge<br>
<p></p><i></i>
If you run away from an archer...
Jasper, I'm sure, is tired of covering for what are, after all, my personal prioritization issues!<br>
<br>
Truth be told, I'm just really REALLY busy as an Army company commander right now and I barely come up for air these days. No consolation, of course, to the fans of RAT who long for more Roman goodness in a bona fide website, but there it is.<br>
<br>
My principal Roman project right now is founding a new academic journal of ancient war studies in concert w/ Jasper, Sander and others, which will be called the Journal of Ancient Military Studies (JAMS, which "rocks" as an acronym).<br>
<br>
Hoping to have more time for RA.com in the future, but I've learned not to make further promises on the matter. I can only say that good things do come to those who wait...<br>
<br>
<br>
Jenny <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
I am completely convinced that the relaunched RA.com will be not only a "good thing" but an <i> absolutely great</i> one - firstly because I know about its structure and contents, and secondly telling from the time we've been waiting for it...<br>
<br>
Greetings,<br>
<br>
Martin <p></p><i></i>
*sigh*<br>
<br>
"They also serve who stand and wait.." <p>Richard Campbell, Legio XX.
Richard Campbell
RAT member #6?
I came in on this list far too late to see any 'old' RA.com<br>
Is it still out there, possibly?<br>
<br>
Cheers,<br>
Robert<br>
<br>
'Cives Francorum, Miles Romanorum'<br>
www.fectio.org.uk/ <p></p><i></i>
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Salve,<br>
<br>
No, unfortunately not. But the version before that can be found here.<br>
<br>
Regards,<br>
<br>
Sander van Dorst <p></p><i></i>
hm, when I get back from Florida I'll give it try to back up the entire site to a CD. You can do the offline function and move an entire website, tree, graphics, files, etc, to disk. While EZboard backs all this up, it would be good to have it archived occasionally off line as well. <p></p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
RAT member #6?