Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Birthday RAT
I'm not really sure if it was January 16, 17 or 18th 2001, but it's just over two years ago now that RAT was founded. Happy Birthday everybody! <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
A truely happy day it was the one I found this forum that has kept me company since and not only.<br>
Cheers to all legionaries and barbarians of good will <p></p><i></i>
Jeffery Wyss
"Si vos es non secui of solutio tunc vos es secui of preciptate."
A great and growing international forum of which I'm very pleased to be a part. I've learned an amazing amount from the wonderful people here. The only problem is distance which keeps too many of us from meeting, but then, that is something to look forward to.<br>
<br>
Jenny's first post is dated January 18, 2001, so that must be the anniversary. Interestingly, I followed her original link and it is still active at Angelfire:<br>
<br>
www.angelfire.com/or2/jrscline/ <p>Richard Campbell, Legio XX<br>
<br>
</p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=richsc@romanarmytalk>RichSC</A> at: 1/18/03 3:32:10 pm<br></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Well, guys, congratulations to all of you who have contributed so much devoted effort, research, humor, and creativity to this thing we affectionately call "RAT."<br>
<br>
When I started Roman Army Talk, I never expected the forum would be as enduring and well-loved as it seems to be. I was honestly wondering if we'd ever get to 10 or 20 members, let alone 600 and more! So I can't express what a joy it is to check in and see how loyal and vibrant the community has become.<br>
<br>
We have members hailing from around the world -- from America to Russia, Australia to Sweden, and even friends in Latin America too. I think we might have a member or two from South Africa, now that I think about it. Every continent is represented on RAT except Antarctica E EM and I'm betting we'll eventually recruit an ice-bound scientist there one day!<br>
<br>
I just wanted to say thank you. This place is much more your creation than mine, and I'm grateful to see it thriving like this.<br>
<br>
Cheers<br>
Jenny Cline <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
Wow, 2 years...<br>
<br>
<br>
Must admit that i was surprised when i found this forum. Surprised that there were more people who liked the Roman army (most people in my family/ at work find it rather weird...).<br>
<br>
gr, jeroen <p></p><i></i>
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy birthday, Rome! Jona Lendering 6 2,365 04-24-2006, 10:46 PM
Last Post: Jona Lendering
  Happy 5th birthday RAT Praefectusclassis 4 1,810 01-08-2006, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat
  Happy Birthday Jasper!! DECIMvS MERCATIvS VARIANvS 16 4,206 11-21-2005, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Marius_Ursus