Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RA.com Feedback...
Well, it's nice to have RA.com back up and running. So far, the imagebase is great.<br>
<br>
2 points as a designer, about the colour scheme and Nav buttons.<br>
<br>
I found the dark red and green stripes gave off a significantly un-roman feel. I would even venture to say that it had more of a "celtic" influence than any. I know it is difficult to pick a colour scheme to suit a given purpose, and then spice it up to make it interesting, but the red and green bars is a little iffy. I would suggest using a roman themed backround, or even a solid colour as a backround with a more graphic intensive scheme to make it lively. Perhaps something easily recongnizable as Roman...even though us RAT'ers, may think it's been done already, someone new to the website should be able to get a feel for what the site is about, based on it's visual presentation.<br>
<br>
When I was on RA.com, I couldn't figure out how to get back to RAT. Jasper later told me the "talk" button on the side would take you back there. Nav buttons should be clearly labeled and to the point. Web surfers are not going to want to "investigate" where certain links lead. I myself, want to know where I am going, and the best way to get there. Especially when time is money.<br>
<br>
The colour pattern of the buttons also doesn't flow very well with the flat red and green boxes on the backround. Again, I would perhaps pick a common theme, and have everything blend a bit more.<br>
<br>
Other than that, glad it's back up!<br>
<br>
<p><br>
Magnus/Matt<br>
Optio<br>
Legio XXX "Ulpia Victrix" </p><i></i>
Thanks for the feedback Matt, and especially for the compliments for the imagebase.<br>
The obvious challenge to your comments on the color scheme is: what color combination would you suggest? I don't think we would want to add graphics to the background. There'll be lots of those in the foreground, and it's got to be 'browsable' for non-broadband users as well. Besides, it'll be a content filled site, so a quiet background would probably best, right? <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Hello,<br>
<br>
perhaps you could try to use a red-black-blue color scheme similar to this forum. It works here on RAT, so why not on RA.com?<br>
<br>
Michael <p></p><i></i>