Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internal Divisions of Italy
Ave!

Can anyone offer any help in finding a map of the internal divisions (Im not sure if they'd be called provinces) of Roman Italy at the time of Trajan? I'm making a map for my cartography class of Roman provinces, and can't seem to find the information anywhere.

Thanks,

Matt
-Matt

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General George S. Patton, Jr
There's one in Westermann's Atlas zur Weltgeschichte Vol I pp.30/31 (No ISBN), if you can get at it. If not, mail me and I'll make a snapshot. It's a bit dated, but very detailed.
Der Kessel ist voll Bärks!

Volker Bach
Here you go:

Ancient Italy - North

Ancient Italy - South

These and other splendid maps from the Roman and ancient era, all from Shepherd's Historical Atlas, are available here:

Historical Atlas by W Shepherd

Regards - Nathan
Nathan Ross
Quote:There's one in Westermann's Atlas zur Weltgeschichte Vol I pp.30/31 (No ISBN
I have it at home and can make a scan for you if you want. of course, i have no idea which sources he based it on. Cry
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Thanks for the links! I'm using them as my source maps; their detail's pretty impressive. Also, thanks for the offers to scan/photograph the maps from the books; while I won't be using them, I do want to especially thank Robert and Carlton for being willing to take such a measure. As it stands now, the map is a basic outline base map; I'll be expanding it thoughout the semester as a personal project and I'll post the finished product.

Thanks,

Matt
-Matt

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General George S. Patton, Jr