Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cavalryman painting
Hi all-

EDIT: updated to make it look more finished as a shirt... or something. Comments? Interest?

Been working on a digital painting of an auxilary cavalryman. I've based it off a photo that I took at Xanten this year and I'm very pleased with it. I'm thinking of working it into a new and improved logo for Ra.com (since I was never too happy with the old one). I was also wondering if anyone would like it on t-shirts or the like that we could sell to raise money for Ra.com and RAT? Like to hear your feedback!

[Image: rider.jpg]
-Christy Beall
Quote:I'm very pleased with it.
There's every reason to be pleased with it; it's indeed beautiful.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
:o

Very, very nice picture!
To print it in t-shirts is complicated. Some times a good photo or a good painting printed in a shirt looks not so good. And like another things, it's a matter of personal taste.

At our group we have made some shirts with the silhouettes of some soldiers in black. We have sell a lot of them. Probably if we have printed the complete photo of the soldiers, it have been worse. I have to say the author of that idea was Carme (Galla Placidia), member of RAT too.
Confusedhock:

WOW, that's yours?! That's really good Christy! Do you have more?

I've always liked Roman "sport" armour so a picture like that on a T-shirt would be interesting to me!
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Very nice, Christy! Big Grin
A nice setting for it on a T-shirt and they will sell like water in the Sahara!

Aitor
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner
Christy,
I like it. Does it also show the rest of the plumes?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Hi Constaine here thats a nice painting I am assuming you like Calvary. Can you do early Imperial Legionarys or Late Roman Infantry? Cheers Constaine Big Grin
He who desires peace ,let him prepare for war. He who wants victory, let him train soldiers diligently. No one dares challenge or harm one who he realises will win if he fights. Vegetius, Epitome 3, 1st Century Legionary Thomas Razem
bump for updates! Smile
-Christy Beall
Very Very nice.

Suggest a little details on the eyes though? Kinda look like alien eyes. :lol:
Dont want that to sound rude, just suggestive criticism.
Cristy how much it would cost?, I'm very proud of been a member of this Forum endeed, no:.... @#*! 8) !

Remarks by Philip on the Athenian Leaders:
Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
I was just going for interest at this point really, so we haven't decided on any details. We'd probably do it through cafe press though-- so that image on a variety of objects people might like... it's also cheaper for everyone and we don't have logistical problems. Smile We'll figure that out soon.
-Christy Beall
Greetings Christy,
that is really nice artwork... Big Grin
regards
Arthes
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
Great picture,Christy!
Let us know how the transfers turn out.
Andy Booker

Gaivs Antonivs Satvrninvs

Andronikos of Athens
I bet it would make a real spiffy coffee mug. Smile
Dan Diffendale
Ph.D. candidate, University of Michigan
I wanna buy one... ore more... :wink:
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló