Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trireme from Zvezda (unfinished)
Hi!
My model in progress - Roman trireme.Still is much to do, but It will be finished very soon. I made my own tower (inspired by relief from second century AD) and other minor changes (original kit has poor quality). Here are some pictures:

[Image: Trireme.jpg]

[Image: bow.jpg]
Martin
Hi Titus (please add your real first name to your sig),
I'll be eager to see when it's finished. What's the mast on the prow supposed to be? Not a corvus, is it?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Yes, the mast on the prow is corvus (still without foot bridge).
Martin
looks very cool! How big is it?
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Lookin' great, Titus.

I have the same model but gave up half way through it Sad lol:

It's so much work when compared to the Academy model (which has only one bank of oars on each side.)

Do you have that one as well ?
Jaime
Quote:looks very cool! How big is it?

1:72 - 50cm in length
Martin
Zvezda's kits are rather not first class models. But if you take patience, you can do nice model.

Here is:
incomplete corvus

For Theodosius:
three banks of oars on each side
Martin
Hi Titus and a friendly welcome to a fellow model builder.

Very fine painting and modeling job!!! I think the kits of Zvezda are not so low-class, may-be they are not absolutely correct historically but IMHO they are the best accessible ones. I bought for myself their so called 'Trirema of the Emperor'; it's the 'red' ship with the prow that remembers to the famous Roman warship from the Praeneste relief.

But sadly it only remembers to it and is far from identic, so I interrupted the work because I am not definitely determined how to reconstruct the prow, especially because of the 'lances' and the ventilation grille that are visible on the relief. There will be some scratching work with milliput yet.

Are You planning to man Your ship with some marines? Zvezda as well as HäT have fine sets of Roman Republican Infantry that cover a wide temporal range down to the time of the Punic wars, which was the era when the corvus was in usage mainly.

Greets - Uwe
Greets - Uwe
Very beautiful!!

(By the way guys, do somethin about your avatars, you look like the Roman twin brothers in arms :lol: )
Florian Himmler (not related!)
Quote:Are You planning to man Your ship with some marines? Zvezda as well as HäT have fine sets of Roman Republican Infantry that cover a wide temporal range down to the time of the Punic wars, which was the era when the corvus was in usage mainly.

Yes, I have set of republican soldiers and siege machines from Zvezda. I want to put ballista on tower.
Martin
Just awsome Martin, [size=200:3qhr9ixu]AWESOME.[/size]
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
So much more patience than I will ever have... Smile
Quote:For Theodosius: I made three banks of oars on each side:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e310/unyva/deck.jpg

Wow ! That does take a lot of patience, Titus. These are, of course, among the biggest ships the Romans put out to sea (i.e. the first Punic War.)

I did the other simpler Academy model of a "Roman warship", which is from the late Republic to the early Empire.

Although, I didn't do the rigging. I think I hate that part of the whole process the most.

I also have a Spanish Galleon I made with simplified rigging.

Those are my favorite ship types : galleys and galleons Big Grin

Anyway, Titus, I hope you show us again when you have finished :wink:
Jaime
Of course! I will show you my model when it will be completed.
Martin
Titus your English is great! No need to apologize.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New 1/72 Imperial Romans From Zvezda Narukami 2 2,623 07-23-2007, 03:06 PM
Last Post: Narukami
  Roman trireme from Zvezda Uwe Bahr 3 3,084 11-18-2005, 10:22 PM
Last Post: Marcus F.
  Greek Trireme by Zvezda Anonymous 7 3,181 05-13-2003, 02:08 PM
Last Post: