Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PC Gaming with Rome
Yes I did! LOL! My Hastatii (3 units) cut around a grove of trees and nailed the Gallic swordsmen from behind while my Triarii had them pinned! Total rout, and nailed the general in the process!
And I used to be very proud of myself routing a Militia Hoplite unit with a flank charge... back then, I didn't know that the Militia Hoplite's morale was that bad. I thought of myself as a great general...

If you have RTW 1.2 I strongly advise you to download this
replay of myself vs a guy I played online. The major part of it is sort of boring, archers shooting at each other, my cavalry hunting the archers, etc.

It is the five last seconds that definitely will make you crack up! I won't tell why. Smile
[size=75:wtt9v943]Susanne Arvidsson

I have not spent months gathering Hoplites from the four corners of the earth just to let
some Swedish pancake in a purloined panoply lop their lower limbs off!
- Paul Allen, Thespian
[/size]

[Image: partofE448.jpg]
I will certaily look, what file in RTW should I place this in? I have not watched a replay before.
In your Rome - Total War directory, create a folder named replays (in lowercase), put the unzipped .rpy file in it. Now, fire up your RTW and break out the popcorn. Thanks for watching, by the way! Smile

The replay doesn't play properly on newer versions of the game than 1.2.

I also have a funny replay of myself finding ways to beat the fearsome Spartan Hoplite circle. I did so by making a massive wedge of Praetorian Cavalry, charging the weakest spot of the Hoplite formation... it's indeed something that a Roman general wouldn't dream about doing, but oh well. Smile

Edit: 'lovercase'?! I can't spell properly tonight. Tongue

I have not spent months gathering Hoplites from the four corners of the earth just to let
- Paul Allen, Thespian
[/size]

Man, i cant wait to see it!
Matt J.
Titus Arabius Matho
Legion XI
Do not worry about it Susanne, I would say you are suffering from Valentines Day syndrome. Lovercase eh? Someone on your mind huh? :lol:
Okay Susanne, I guess I am just slow. I watched it twice, what did I miss at the end? Other than some gymnastics that is? Or just the size of the armies? Maybe PM me with the answer?
Quote:Do not worry about it Susanne, I would say you are suffering from Valentines Day syndrome. Lovercase eh? Someone on your mind huh? :lol:

Eh... hm, well... argh, yes! I am! Big Grin

Quote:Okay Susanne, I guess I am just slow. I watched it twice, what did I miss at the end? Other than some gymnastics that is? Or just the size of the armies? Maybe PM me with the answer?

PM sent.

- Paul Allen, Thespian
[/size]

Does anybody have tha capability of urning this into a standalone video file?
Matt J.
Titus Arabius Matho
Legion XI
Poor emj1s. I understand missing your computer. (or as my wife calls it, the other woman Smile wink:
LOL, thanks. I've honestley thought about finishing my segmentata and selling it, buying the screen, and then Ill have enough for more materials. That way, I will hopefully have a "perfect" segmentata for me. Perfect meaning all the stupid little details fixed that no one else would notice. Plus that will get my computer, owened by my fater, fixed faster.
Matt J.
Titus Arabius Matho
Legion XI
I know that this may not be about Rome at all, but it will probably have the same "living in a falling empire" vibe to it.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion!

The Role Playing Game of 2006. And single-player too! No monthly bills!

And Patrick Stewart is voicing the emperor, who is named Tiberius Septimus...c'mon, that name has to be Roman enough!
-thanks for reading.

Sean