Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Weapons?
This is a serious question that I ask of you Romans. What weapons do you think will be used in World War III?<br>
<br>
Adam<br>
seven.bf.rmit.edu.au/clickwrap<br>
Does it matter that you don't read<br>
on-line agreements? <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/uadam4me.showPublicProfile?language=EN>adam4me</A> at: 5/1/02 3:27:36 am<br></i>
In the beginning of the war: modern, sophisticated, technologically advanced weapons.<br>
At the end of the war: clubs, maces, bows and arrows.. <p></p><i></i>
I would also imagine that in a serious global war in this era, you would likely see a lot of "classified" weapons being used by the US...I'd love to see what they have hidden away from our prying eyes.<br>
<br>
I think the war would still be conventional, and a country would likely only use weapons of mass destruction (nuclear, biological or chemical) as a last ditch resort perhaps. Unless you have some yahoo like Hussein in power, then who knows? <p>Tiberius Lantanius Magnus<BR>
CO/Optio,<BR>
Legio XXX "Ulpia Victrix"<BR>
(Matt)</p><i></i>
Or Dubya <p><i>Unless the Persians fly away like birds, hide in the earth like mice, or leap into a lake like frogs, they will never see their homes again, but will die under our arrows</i></p><i></i>
In the name of heaven Catiline, how long do you propose to exploit our patience..
Antonious, you have reminded me of I think it was Einstein that when asked "What weapons will be used in WWIII" and he replied "Don't really know what weapons will be used in WW III but the war after that will certainly be fought with sticks and stones" This is the type of leaders that many nations today so desperately need!<br>
<br>
Adam Gatt<br>
Do you know the difference between education<br>
and experience. Education is what you get from<br>
reading the small print. Experience is what you<br>
get from not reading it!<br>
<p></p><i></i>
Ave et Salutatio:<br>
<br>
Assuming the conflict remains conventional, one of the weapons that will be employed is an EMP bomb. This device duplicates the EMP effect of a nuclear detonation (but on a smaller scale) without actually using a nuclear blast.<br>
Other conventional weapons used will improved versions of the J-SOW (Joint Stand-off Weapon) and J-DAM (Joint Direct-Attack Munition). Armed RPVs (like the Predator UAV used in Afghanistan) will be extensively employed.<br>
Unless the enemy is astoundingly stupid (as in Iraq), there will be no opportunity to build up masses of armor, artillery and infantry.<br>
<br>
Gaius Octavius Drusus <p></p><i></i>
Michael Garrity
I wouldn't like to spoil the fun, but I kinda suspect WWIII has already started. Weapons used were cutters and a few civilian jets..<br>
It isn't a full scale war. Yet.<br>
As usual no one knows into what kind of monstruous thing it's going to mutate. <p></p><i></i>
NBC weapons. <p><BR><p align=center><font color=gold><font size=2>
_________________________________________________<BR>
VTINAM MODO SVBIVNCTIVO NVNQVAM MALE VTARIS<BR>
_________________________________________________</font></p><i></i>
Yep, Casca, I'm afraid so..<br>
And you don't even need all this sophisiticated hardware, actually.<br>
In Rwanda, some one million people were slaughtered during intertribal warfare.<br>
It took only four weeks. They only had machetes and assault rifles.<br>
It took the nazis five years to murder six million people. With an operational plan, special trains, gas chambers and the like.<br>
That put things into perspective doesn't it? <p></p><i></i>
Gaius, can you please explain the term EMP which is not known to me.<br>
<br>
Antoninus you make an interesting point so what can we expect the most likely next mutation? Also, in your subsequent reply in which you concur with Casca's suggested NBC weapons are you implying that nuclear, biological or chemical weapons were used in Rwanda?<br>
<br>
Adam<br>
What's really in online agreements? <p></p><i></i>
They made the Rwandans sit down and watch episodes of Friends... <p><BR><p align=center><font color=gold><font size=2>
Adam,<br>
EMP means electro-magnetic pulse. Nuclear explosion will produce such a pulse which basically shorts electronic systems. The modern military computers are armoured against EMP.<br>
And about Rwanda, on the contrary, I stressed that with only primitive machetes and basic assault rifle they managed to kill people far more quickly than the nazis did with all their technology of assassination.<br>
Precisely, they did not need NBC weapons in Rwanda...<br>
I don't really know what it mean. It just scares me.<br>
And Friends is a nice show actually. What it lacks is an H bomb every once in a while.. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showLocalUserPublicProfile?login=antoninuslucretius>Antoninus Lucretius</A> at: 5/5/02 3:59:23 pm<br></i>
Ave:<br>
<br>
Essentially, an EMP bomb is a one-shot generator that produces an omindirectional electrical pulse identical in all respects to the one produced ay a nuclear detonation. The energy needed to produce the pulse is provided by a large charge of conventional high explosive.<br>
Another weapon that might see use is the neutron bomb. This deivce is a small thermonuclear bomb without the U-238 casing. The intense neutron radiation which would otherwise cause the U-238 to fission escapes and fries anything within a certain distance. N-weapons are known as "landlord bombs"; as in they evict the tenants (with extreme prejudice) and leave the domus standing.<br>
<br>
Gaius <p></p><i></i>
Michael Garrity
What mutation Adam?<br>
Well, the last big one started with a austrian madman sitting in a bavarian gasthaus and talking nonsense with a bunch of gorilla types stoned on beer 24 hours a day. It ended in Hiroshima. That's some mutation.<br>
So, If this is WW numero three, it started with cutters and civilian airplanes...<br>
...And I really don't know where it will lead. And I am not sure I want to know, but I am sure I will.<br>
I am also sure of another thing, BTW: whichever way it mutates, the West will win. <p></p><i></i>
<b><i>Quote:</i></b><hr> And Friends is a nice show actually. What it lacks is an H bomb every once in a while..<hr><br>
<br>
It's still the most horrifying of <b> NBC</b> weapons. <p><BR><p align=center><font color=gold><font size=2>