Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Writing....?
Hello Everyone,
Just want to ask a quick question. Is anyone out there in the community enjoy writing? I mean anything from stories to poems. Personally I enjoy writing short stories, most are from my mind with no real historical backing, but hey thats what story telling is right? If there is a fair amount of responses I was thinking maybe to start a thread to discuss this kind of thing. I'll post one of my shorter ones once I get the scanner up.

~ Salvete ~
~~Gavin Nugent~~

Who told you to die! Keep fighting!

If anyone knows of anything in Long Island, New York please tell me.
Do you mean your stories are set in Roman times and that they don't tell the story of a documented historical person? Or are they modern-set?

Just in case, you might be interested in the Historical Novel Society:

http://www.historicalnovelsociety.org/

It covers all aspects of the genre including adventure, literary, alternative histories, mysteries, romance, short stories etc.
Thanks viventius, im heading over there now. And I just meant any stories, or poems, or whatever, no real time period. The one I am working on now is a world of my own creation, with a medieval sprinkling.
~~Gavin Nugent~~

http://p223.ezboard.com/fshoguntotalwar ... =162.topic

This is a story I made up in about 40 minutes.

The battle scene is nothing spectacular; being written up in approximately 7 minutes (the battle description is far from complete). The story was my entry in RTW Heaven's Warstory Contest, objective of which was to write something based on a screenshot. In this case, a battle between Brutii and Gaul. I like Julii more, so in the end I decided upon making the "Sons of Mars" campaign faction leader the protagonist, while giving Brutii a less important, but somehow to the story significant role.

Someday I will elaborate on the story.

RTW Heaven's War Story Forum has some great stories, plots of most of which take place in the time of the Roman Republic.
[size=75:wtt9v943]Susanne Arvidsson

I have not spent months gathering Hoplites from the four corners of the earth just to let
some Swedish pancake in a purloined panoply lop their lower limbs off!
- Paul Allen, Thespian
[/size]

[Image: partofE448.jpg]
Nice story susanne. As soon as I am able to i'll post my rough draft here.
~~Gavin Nugent~~

Thanks, Felix. Smile
[size=75:wtt9v943]Susanne Arvidsson

I have not spent months gathering Hoplites from the four corners of the earth just to let
some Swedish pancake in a purloined panoply lop their lower limbs off!
- Paul Allen, Thespian
[/size]

[Image: partofE448.jpg]