Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caupona construction
Hi Has anybody got ant Ideas on how to make a coupona or travelling sutlers Tent ? What kind of materials needed ? size ? or even where to buy in the UK if construction is not practicle .

Thanks in advance .

Pegasus .
Paul / Verus
Tent? As in a sort of suttler's traveling tent? I thought a caupona was a building?
I know several groups, including ours, who have built set-like caupona that are carried to events.
Asellina's Caupona
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Yes they are buildings , I did'nt know how else to discribe what I meant . I want either a tent or as you say a set like replica .
Paul / Verus
well, before you start, be sure you actually want to do this.

As I recall, the smallest tent that the regular infantry used was the tent for the 8-man unit, and this is a big tent. It will be quite a big project.

Anyways, here's a useful reference. [url:330vwhla]http://www.housebarra.com/EP/ep05/11tents.html[/url]
-thanks for reading.

Sean
Thanks Sean ,
you are right it is a job and a half . What I want to do is make traveling trader tent come awning for my Daughter to show off her cooking kit and the like . I just needed a few pictures or maybe if someone has made this kind of thing any tips . It Does'nt have to be very big or elaberate .

Cheers ,

Paul .
Paul / Verus
From our image archive:
http://www.romanarmy.com/cms/index.php? ... ail&id=215
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
That one in the gallery is very nice, though I'll be the counter, if it's all marble, is a bear to carry around. Who made it? Love the amphora too; any idea where those were made?
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Making a caupona or other structure for events richsc 19 3,007 02-18-2014, 05:35 PM
Last Post: richsc
  Contents of Asellina\'s caupona richsc 0 1,254 03-10-2006, 03:43 AM
Last Post: richsc