Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An official RTW expansion: Alexander
Over the past week, the Rome: Total War community has been aware of short paragraphs in gaming magazines suggesting a release of a new masterpiece, featuring the exploits of Alexander, by Creative Assembly. The most recent Total War newsletter seems to confirm it:

Quote:We'll be following this up with more Medieval 2 screens and information in the weeks ahead. However, later this week we have something rather special to announce. We can't give you the full details as yet but we can tell you to keep your eyes on totalwar.com this week for news of a unique new Total War release from The Creative Assembly. You heard it here first.

There's also a discussion about the expansion here. Geeez, what can I say? I'm very excited about this!

Now this is something Gioi's son should be exposed to. Smile
[size=75:wtt9v943]Susanne Arvidsson

I have not spent months gathering Hoplites from the four corners of the earth just to let
some Swedish pancake in a purloined panoply lop their lower limbs off!
- Paul Allen, Thespian
[/size]

[Image: partofE448.jpg]
Wow, that is exciting news. :o .I hope it's true..

Thanks for posting, Susanne Big Grin
Jaime
Yea Baby! Big Grin

Remarks by Philip on the Athenian Leaders:
Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
Ohhhhh.. I hope this is true. I can't wait! Thanks Susanne!
Just need to buy a decent graphics card for my laptop now!
Timeo Danaos et Dona ferentes

Andy.(Titus Scapula Clavicularis)
Since its uncertain if Alex expantion would be added in RTW, I know for sure he will in Rise & Fall Civilization at War

I will enjoy this game that he will in, I know its not accurate but looks very fun, and amaze me the fact all what you can do in this game, Oh! also tirreme war!

Alex in front yalling charge! etc. Big Grin

Here watch the video: http://media.pc.gamespy.com/media/729/7 ... ids_1.html

Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
As some of you may know, the heads behind Rise and Fall, Stainless Steel Studios have broken up for unknown reasons. This happened a while ago, and the game was weeks away from going gold. Midway picked up the game, but I'm not very enthusiastic, to say the least, about the game anymore. I don't have faith that Midway will produce and support a high quality product, as I imagine Stainless would have done. The screenshots released after the demise of Stainless Steel Studios aren't very impressive to the human eye.

Midway may be inexperienced screenshot designers, but considering that largely everything in the game was finalized, the released version of the game may be great, provided that Midway don't decompose the game and put in alot of new stuff that requires more effort on their part, and that postpones the release date even more (it's now scheduled to be released months after the first set release date).
[size=75:wtt9v943]Susanne Arvidsson

I have not spent months gathering Hoplites from the four corners of the earth just to let
some Swedish pancake in a purloined panoply lop their lower limbs off!
- Paul Allen, Thespian
[/size]

[Image: partofE448.jpg]
Dear Sussane!, this is what my brother in Law of 15 old wants to tell you!

Oh! his name is Baron BTW! Big Grin
(note: hes been playing since he could pick up control)

From Baron:

well i wanted to respond to you because what you say is interesting,
and the thing is midway is not a company that makes a lot of games in 1
year. and i truly think that they would be able to do a decent job on this game. in the past they had made some mistakes on games, but usually they make a playable game. and even if the game does not come out perfect the 1st time i know they can improve features in the second round.
just give them the chance and they just might suprise you. Also i know who to talk to or who to find info from so if i here anything i will tell Gioi.
And i you hear anything you can tell him, and he can tell me. well i hope this was a good opinion for you just post gioi and he'll tell me. i will join later when i have my computer. this is all i can say, it was a pleasure goodbye :wink: Baron.

Greetings,
I am not really a games person, but downloaded the demo games from the Alexander film website and Total War Barbarian Invasion a little while ago, I have only just started playing them over the last couple of days and am addicted to the Alexander one, still working through TWBI, I couldn't find my cavalry just now and the poor archers were surrounded......!
I have managed to kill off the heroes a couple of times... :oops:
I think that first sentance should read 'I was not really a games person'
I look forward to this new one...but will definitely need a better card!
regards
Arthes
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
I just got RTW Barbarian Invasion expansion.Very good so far,Just invaded Britannia and am about to get pounced on by Picts!But i notice on the back of the inst manual a new exansion set.RTW Spartan Tital Warrior.Any idea whats its about?is it another expansion or a stand alone?

Andym, I think that is an XBox game, if I am not mistaken.
Ooops silly me should have read it closer.

I love the soundtrack of RTW: I heard it many times, if you are filming a movie scene of your Legio's fight, I think you can use this sountrack for it! :lol:

I understand that the Rome - Total War 'Alexander' expansion will be available as a download rather than a boxed game.

This no-doubt means purcashing over the internet.

An interesting marketing concept. You'll be buying a product that exists only electronically - no big deal in some respects - but very good for the environment (no manufacturing costs, no transport, no wasted wrapping materials, no paper needed for the manual, no plastic box, not even a CD/DVD get scratched!
Max Attenborough
Having never purchased a program online...what if your system crashes and you have to rebuild? Can you redownload if you have proof of purchase?