Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An official RTW expansion: Alexander
Quote:
Idomeneas:2cd7jczg Wrote:btw that expansion is worst than the worst mod :lol: they practically did nothing but an alexander model :lol:

Really? Thanks for the info. That is too bad. They had great material to work with, and took the easy route....oh well.

well i dont know if you spend any time with rtw (im moding alot so i have turned it upside down :lol: ) but if you do you will notice in screens and videos that the y have basically turn partians to persians. No two hand sarissa animation.

Check europa barbarorum for roman times and Hegemonia for classical. They are accurate (in the limits of the hardcode offcourse) and free :wink: . But you ll have to wait alittle. I dunno about EB but Hegemonia (im member) will be out by the summer.
aka Yannis
----------------
Molon lave
Thanks again. What mod are you working on? Something historically accurate I hope :wink:
Quote:Thanks again. What mod are you working on? Something historically accurate I hope :wink:

Hegemonia city states (check the thread i made) :wink:
aka Yannis
----------------
Molon lave
This I will do...Thanks!
Yes, the Alexander mod will not be much more than some Historic Battles and a reworked - minimally - R:TW campaign w/ the expected mix of historical and silly fantasy units.

There won't be any AI improvements so the straight vanilla version won't play like anything out of history anyway.

Oh well.

BarkhornXX

Scott.
BarkhornXX
--------------------------
aka Scott Ryan
Available for download now! Although I'm having trouble with it myself.
Rich Marinaccio
I had to install then reinstall RTW to get it to work.

If you are planning to do the same you can copy your original RTW folder and rename it to something the installation disks don't recognise (like 'copy Rome - Total War'). Then uninstall and then reinstall, then rename your copy back to say 'Rome - Total War 2'. Then you can play either version. But allow 20 to 30 minutes at least to copy the original folder (and make sure there's room on your hard drive!)

I've started the campaign and I'm regretting I picked 'Hard' difficulty setting! I've had to restart twice when Alexander was killed each time ...
Max Attenborough
Khaire,
the official Alexander expansion site is now up and running....[url:qi2l47pz]http://www.totalwar.com/microsites/en/alexander/index.htm[/url]
I think I might have a go at it ... :wink:
regards
Arthes
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
Quote:Khaire,
the official Alexander expansion site is now up and running....[url:2jtnf5fj]http://www.totalwar.com/microsites/en/alexander/index.htm[/url]
I think I might have a go at it ... :wink:
regards
Arthes

You must have it! Big Grin

I will!, & I cant wait!!!!!![Image: 19211224864.gif]

Remarks by Philip on the Athenian Leaders:
Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
I've downloaded it myself two days ago ... Level easy and got through the game in one day :lol:

It's a nice game, love to play with the phalangists under command of Alexander and supported by the Companion Cavalry. Hehehe, first battle and Darius got killed Smile
a.k.a. Daan Vanhamme