Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salve
I found my way here from the Armor Archive. I spent time reading through the board while my membership was being activated. I mainly participate in a different group (SCA) since I have not found many Roman groups in Oregon.

There are more and more people interested in Roman armor and fighting in the group I belong to. I do fight - though I've since discovered it's frowned upon by most Roman groups since I am female. Regardless I love it.

Just wanted to introduce myself since my name may be popping up around the site. I'm working on making my armor more authentic. Looking forward to learning as much as I can. My primary interests are the cavalry and fighting.

Tasia
++++++++++++++
Quinta Livia Anastasia
aka stace kelsey
Hi Stace,
Welcome to RAT. Have fun!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Thank you!

This place is amazing! :o

Tasia
++++++++++++++
Quinta Livia Anastasia
aka stace kelsey
It is, isn't it Big Grin
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
He said it! Big Grin
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Willkommen!

Bienvenue!

Bienvenidos!
AVETE OMNES
MARIVS TARQVINIVS VRSVS
PATER FAMILIAS DOMVS VRSVM
-Tom
Yes and the more I look around the more amazed and in Heaven I feel.

Wow. I am so glad I was directed here. I have been feeling isolated since not a lot of people around here are Roman and coming here is like coming home or something! :lol:

The knowledge here - impressive and makes me even more enthusiastic.

I have tons of books on the Roman military and history and it'll be great to interact with people who love it as much as I do.

Tasia
++++++++++++++
Quinta Livia Anastasia
aka stace kelsey
Quote:I have been feeling isolated since not a lot of people around here are Roman and coming here is like coming home or something! ...I have tons of books on the Roman military and history and it'll be great to interact with people who love it as much as I do.
It is disappointing, isn't it, to have friends and family who do not share one's interest in this fascinating civilization? I have raised three bright children (college grads all) and, alas, none of them share my interest in Rome. The oldest, however, has mentioned watching a few History channel specials on the subject, and we recently had an interesting conversation about about the industrial innovations devised by Rome. It's my hope that I can persuade at least one of my grandkids to pursue Roman scholarship! Wink
Robert Stroud
The New Scriptorium
Quote:It is disappointing, isn't it, to have friends and family who do not share one's interest in this fascinating civilization?
I'm currently being dared by friends and colleagues to turn up at our busy West End London regular pub on a Friday night in full kit. I've told them for charity, and I don't pay for a drink all night. They're interested, but I'm not sure it's for the right reasons :?
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
:lol: (I'll let someone else ask for pictures)
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Quote::lol: (I'll let someone else ask for pictures)
It's not the getting there that worries me, it's the getting home. :evil: Be interesting to see what the Police have to say about it.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
welcome, from one archiver to another Wink i'm Wolf btw!
Tiberius Claudius Lupus

Chuck Russell
Keyser,WV, USA
[url:em57ti3w]http://home.armourarchive.org/members/flonzy/Roman/index.htm[/url]