Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Games on your computer now.
RTW and Barbarian Invasion expansion,silent Hunter II(SHIII is waiting but its too slow,need to tweak the laptop)Uckers (work in progress) and Lords of the realm II.
Timeo Danaos et Dona ferentes

Andy.(Titus Scapula Clavicularis)
Add Warcraft 3 to the list...just picked it up.
Quote:Scott, how are those Take Commands? I followed there development progress for a while, then lost track.

The first one is now unavailable - and the second one will be released next month. I was lucky to get the pre-release beta since I pre-ordered.

The first version depicting 1st Bull Run/Manassass was excellent despite some annoying flaws and dated graphics - small scale maps, morale modeling problems, cavalry behavior problems.

I am happy to say that all of the flaws have been fixed in the 2nd version which depicts 2nd Bull Run/Manassass (and you knew I was going to say that didn't you?) (small scale maps, morale modeling problems, cavalry behavior problems) and the graphics were enhanced. I really think this version is going to great and can't wait to get my hands on it.

Here is the link to the MMG site:
http://www.madminutegames.com/
BarkhornXX
--------------------------
aka Scott Ryan
STW
MTW
RTW
Counter Strike: Source
Day of Defeat
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Imperialism II
Birth of America
Axis and Allies
Starcraft

and

Minesweeper
Michael Paglia
I've just replaced my old PC (1.3 MHz, about 2001)) with a new one. Two weeks ago in fact. I've now got an AMD 4800, NVid 7800, 2Gig RAM, etc - very nice (by CyberPower).
But the best feature is my 23" widescreen monitor (Benq) that I've had since last summer (Rome Total War battles are wonderful on full graphics and widescreen!)

The games I've reinstalled so far are:

RTW & BI (un modded)
RTR 6.2
RTR 6 gold
AOE III (wouldn't run on my old pc!)
CIV 4 (lightly modded)
Dungeon Siege II (lightly modded)

I've managed to bring over all my important saved games, a fiddly job I must say, getting everything in the right folders!

I'll probably put Blitzkrieg back on later (that's the older version not Blitzkrieg 2)

In fact the biggest job was setting up all my 'Favorites' again on Internet Explorer.

But everythings working nicely now!
Max Attenborough
Battlefield 1942 with pirates,1918, middle ages vietnam mod. Battlefield Vietnam with american revolutionary war mod. Ceaser 3 old but fun and Battlefield 2.
William Summe

(Felix Agrippa)

Quando omni flunkus moritati

When all else fails, play dead
Quote:Caesar 3 old but fun

*Sigh* anybody remember Caesar 2? Or the original Caesar?
Dan Diffendale
Ph.D. candidate, University of Michigan
I have Caesar 2.
But I think Rome Total War is more exciting. Not as thoughtful on the city side, but combat is much better.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Quote:
Quote:Caesar 3 old but fun

*Sigh* anybody remember Caesar 2? Or the original Caesar?

Yes indeed -- I enoyed Caesar II a lot and still play Caesar III. Caesar IV looks great, but as I am on a Mac G5 I will have to wait and hope for the release of IV in the MAC OS.

Hope springs eternal... :? wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Well, currentl I've got: Shogun Total War, Shogun Total War: The Mongol Invasion, Medieval Total War, Medieval Total War: Viking Invasion, Rome Total War, Rome Total War: Barbarian Invasion, Medieval 2 Total War, Call Of Duty 2, Black And White 2. These next ones I have and I'm going to put them on when I've cleard up some space on my hardrive: The Godfather, Rise & Fall Civilisations at War, SWAT 4, SWAT 4: The Stechkoyv Cyndicate, Max Payne 2, Imperial Glory, Close Combat: First To Fight and Operation Flashpoint. Wow thats alot more than I thought :lol:
Dave Bell/Secvndvs

Comitatus
[Image: comitatus.jpg]

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.comitatus.net">www.comitatus.net
Just Rome: Total War, with the Barbarian Invasion expansion pack. Wow, I need to play more! Confusedhock:
Salvianus: Ste Kenwright

A member of Comitatus Late Roman Historical Re-enactment Group

My Re-enactment Journal

~ antiquum obtinens ~
RTW (RTR 6.3 and SPQR and Napoleon TW 2- with the new prussian/brunswicker pack!!) oh and the FallofRome demo- nice for all you late romans!)
Call of Duty 1 and 2
Panzers (man thats hard on hard!)
ILS- forgotten battles and pacific fighters merged, and barbarossa pack and some mods (battle of britain/north africa campaigns)
CFS3- with firepower and BoB, and dambusters etc etc
Empires- Dawn of the modern world (I know its crap but you get to use A7V's for god's sake!)
Rise of nations
The medal of honour warchest (all expansions)
Borthers in arms- road to hill 30 (not got the other two yet)
Galactic battlegrounds
Star Wars- republic commando
Star Wars lego (man this rocks!)

and more I forget

No my hard drive is only 30% full and yes I have a huge hard drive.
Just need to find time to play them all whilst maintaining a vague semblance of a life!
On a cold and gray Chicago mornin\'
A poor little baby child is born
In the ghettoooooo...
(vocalist extrodinaire- Eric Cartman)
Just Rome Total War for now...i'm more of a console gamer, but RTS / RPG's are best on PC or Mac without a doubt.

Legion: TBD
1) Medieval II Total War: comes w' nice soundtrack too, specially the Aztec sound....

BTW: Let see if the Turks 'll win this time! :lol:

2) RTW Barbarian

3) RTW

4)The Great Battles of Hannibal 95

5) Rise & Fall Civilization At War

6)Sim: Pcific Fighters

7) Sim: Lock On

8) Sim: IL 2

9) Alexander : Heroes of the Conquest

10) Alexander

11) The Gladiator of Rome

12) Gladiators : Sword of Vengeance

13) Civilization III

14) Age of Empires

15) Egypt : The Heliopolis II Prohpecy

16) Time Scape: Journey To Pompeii

17 Beyond the Time

Sigh!... use to have more stuf... plus other cant play from 95

Remarks by Philip on the Athenian Leaders:
Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
Rome Total Realism
World of Warcraft
Company of Heroes (really cool! WWII RTS where the entire environment can be blown up Big Grin )
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Computer Games Q Rutilius 1 1,210 12-09-2002, 02:05 PM
Last Post: Anonymous