I am Darius, who are you?
http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=20396
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
WANG MANG
45 BC - AD 23
Chinese Statesman

Quote:Wang Mang was the founder of a short-lived dynasty replacing the Western Han dynasty.

After the expansive reign of emperor Han Wu-ti the disparity between the wealth of the landowners and poverty of the peasants grew. Towards the end of the 1st century BC a series of peasant revolts threatened to overthrow the state.

Wang Mang, born into a distinguished Chinese family, became regent to the throne in 8 BC. He was soon dismissed but was able to outmaneuvre members of the Imperial Han family and ascended the throne himself in AD 9. He is known in Chinese history as the 'Usurper' Wang Mang realized that the greatest threat to security was the excessive power of the landowners. To combat this, he claimed all land for the state, and distributed it among the peasants, forbidding its sale or purchase. But the landowners resisted and as many civil servants were themselves landowners, there was no one to put the reforms into effect. The peasants again revolted, the most dangerous that of the 'Red Eyebrows', so called because they colored their eyebrows red to mark their membership in a secret society. Widespread destruction followed, but the combined forces of landowners and supporters of the Han dynasty suppressed the rebellion and restored the Han to power in AD 25.

Note:
Quote:the most dangerous that of the 'Red Eyebrows', so called because they colored their eyebrows red to mark their membership in a secret society.

Some secret :roll: "Oh look! There goes a member of the Red Eyebrows!"
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
I'm Ashoka

You scored as <b>Ashoka Maurya</b>. You were the follower of Chandragupta in the Indian Mauryan dynasty. One of your first tasks was to conquer the resisting kingdom of Kalinga. A terrible battle ensued, and your heart was struck by the horridness of the bloodshed. So you convert to Buddhism, and vow to live a peaceful and humble life and serve India as a fair and humane ruler. You actively promoted your Buddhist faith, but if others followed a different religion then that was still okay. You encouraged even the smallest aspects of society to work together as a whole for the good of India.

Liu Bang, Han Wudi and Cyrus as close seconds. Why am I not surprised?
Der Kessel ist voll Bärks!

Volker Bach
[b]At least I got Alexander in second place tie in 100%! 8)

I mistake one word, then I try again and wallah! Big Grin //i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/Comerus/Gioi-test.jpg[/img]

Quote:You scored as Alexander the Great.

Strong, likeable, energetic, good looking- you are the very image of youth. You set out to conquer the world, and in a very 4th century BC sense, you did. Within four years you shattered the Achaemenid empire. You liked to celebrate your victories with excessive eating and partying. But, only the good die young- you died in your thirties, at the prime of your empire. To learn more about Alexander, click here: Alexander the Great on the web

Alexander the Great

100%
Darius

100%
Liu Bang

83%
Hammurabi

83%
Yu of China

83%
Sargon of Akkad

67%
Cyrus

67%
Qin Shihuangdi

67%
Wang Mang

67%
Chandragupta Maurya

67%
Maodun

67%
Han Wudi

67%
Ashoka Maurya

67%
Xerxes

Remarks by Philip on the Athenian Leaders:
Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
You scored as Darius.

You are Darius. And you rock my socks off. Following in Cyrus' wonderful footsteps, you continued to follow policies of complete religious and cultural tolerance. This way, the diverse peoples you ruled were able to live together under your Achaemenid empire. You did this with good organization, which further increased your success. Your empire was by far the greatest the world had ever seen during the 5th century BC.
at 92%

Followed by Cyrus and Alexander at 83%, with a dash of Xerxes and Sargon thrown in at 75%
I scored as Cyrus
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
Never heard of this fellow,damn!

You scored as Han Wudi.

Considered to be the 'martial emperor', you ruled China for 54 years during some of the most successful times in Chinese history. You kept things highly organized under your command, and it worked well. You're really big on conquering new lands and expanding your territory, in a very military way. To read more about Han Wudi, go here: The Emperor Wu-ti
Juan Santell, no Roman name yet. Picking a name is very important and something that should not be done hastily or without much thought.
Quote:I scored as Cyrus
No, I'm Cyrus! :wink:
Are there no Roman emperors, or what? :oops:
--- Marcus F. ---
Ashoka Maurya - and that's fine with me. Although I'd have preferred if we all got the same reply, and would -just like in the movie- all say "I am Spartacus!" "I am Spartacus!" "I am Spartacus!"
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
I'm Han Wudi.

Nice quiz Smile
Martin
Darius
AVETE OMNES
MARIVS TARQVINIVS VRSVS
PATER FAMILIAS DOMVS VRSVM
-Tom
I scored as Ashoka Maurya.