Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome to Roman Army Talk!
Hi!<br>
<br>
This discussion board is sponsored by RomanArmy.com as part of our test site at www.angelfire.com/or2/jrscline<br>
<br>
Please feel free to start a discussion, share news or a good idea. Invite your friends!<br>
<br>
If you are new to the board, please introduce yourself here and make yourself part of the community.<br>
<br>
Cheers,<br>
<br>
J.R.S. (Jenny) Cline<br>
Administrator <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/ujrscline.showPublicProfile?language=EN>JRSCline</A> at: 1/18/01 10:22:00 am<br></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
Wow, my very first post... I had forgotten where it was...<br>
<br>
<---- sniffs back sentimental tear<br>
<br>
Enjoy the fellowship!<br>
<br>
Cheers,<br>
Jenny <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
You have had plenty of errr 'megalomaniacal' different titles in the meantime too. I see Caesar there, I remember Imperatrix and another indicating 'All powerful being' (paraphrased) as well. <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
It's good to be the Queen! <br>
<br>
Unfortunately, Romans didn't have lady <em>Caesares</em> or <em>Imperatrices </em> (the real reason why the Empire fell...) I couldn't find references to back my claim to the throne. So I've settled on a title that reflects the facts, just the facts. <br>
<br>
Cheers<br>
Jenny <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny

Jenny,<br>
<br>
some scholars see Julia Maesa, Grandmother of Elagabalus and Severus Alexander, as the woman that made both emperor and was just herself - more or less - ruling, until her death. Beyond that the wifes of the emperors wore the title 'Augusta' (Empress); so You wouldn't be the first ... <p></p><i></i>
Greets - Uwe
Hmmmm! Intriguing idea, Uwe!<br>
<br>
But... Naw... Jasper would never let me hear the end of it. Neither would my husband!<br>
<br>
Jenny<br>
<p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny

Ave, Augusta!
Ave Everyone! I thought I would announce that I have returned after (a far too long) absence.
New things are happening for me. I am now going to college for Massage Therapy and will be done in 2013 with school. I missed "talking" with everyone and can't wait to get back on the horse. By the way; my first report was done on HippocratesSmile It was the most in depth report my teacher had ever gotten on himWink
Craig Bellofatto

Going to college for Massage Therapy. So reading alot of Latin TerminologyWink

It is like a finger pointing to the moon. DON\'T concentrate on the finger or you miss all the heavenly glory before you!-Bruce Lee

Train easy; the fight is hard. Train hard; the fight is easy.- Thai Proverb
I am new here.
I am sorry...
There's no need to apologise because you are new!

Welcome to RAT. Feel free to introduce yourself, take a look at the rules and join in any topic that interests you.
David J. Cord
www.davidcord.com
Quote: By the way; my first report was done on HippocratesSmile It was the most in depth report my teacher had ever gotten on himWink

Congrats. Smile
Thanks for your welcome.
I want to find link to ROMAN HELMET DATABASE, but I can´t.
Does it exist yet?
Bruukus Minimus
Quote:some scholars see Julia Maesa, Grandmother of Elagabalus and Severus Alexander, as the woman that made both emperor

So a woman made Elagabulus emperor. No wonder it was a patriarchal system. :-)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  roman army talk down? DanM 8 3,504 08-27-2007, 12:50 AM
Last Post: Sean Manning
  New Roman Army Talk Board Tiberius 1 1,775 11-19-2005, 11:08 PM
Last Post: Praefectusclassis
  Greek Army Talk? JRSCline 9 4,029 12-25-2003, 12:30 AM
Last Post: Anonymous