Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Han Chinese defeat Roman legionaires 36 BC?
Quote:Information and people have always traveled far as well, but the numbers and ammounts were always small, and did not represent any significant change in cultural movements.

Yes, very true. Although, I wonder how much of these artifacts found in non-Roman territory was actaully booty taken during Rome's decline. For example, there's a statue of Augustus in Ethiopia. I think it might have been taken on a raid.

So there's room for misinterpretation here. Trade is sometimes assumed to be the cause but that's not necessarily the case.

Quote:Information and people have always traveled far as well, but the numbers and ammounts were always small, and did not represent any significant change in cultural movements. This is why arguments over who "discovered" America are silly.

Right. That's why it's the wrong question to ask : "Who discovered America?" The real question is : "Who conquered America ?"

Quote:Yes vikings, Chinese and even Egyptians!

I believe it. They found tabacco within the contents of some Pharoah's stomach as I recall. You don't have to believe in Atlantis :lol:
Jaime

Messages In This Thread
Re: Han Chinese defeat Roman legionaires 36 BC? - by Theodosius the Great - 03-02-2006, 12:33 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Victory and defeat Roman soldiers SAJID 7 710 09-17-2021, 02:46 PM
Last Post: SAJID
  Chinese in Roman Britain richsc 23 10,201 11-04-2016, 01:30 AM
Last Post: Alanus
  The armour and weapons of mid - late 3rd C legionaires julianus heraclius 6 2,299 09-18-2007, 12:14 PM
Last Post: julianus heraclius