Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
50,000!
I missed exactly when it was, but we passed the 50,000-posts mark recently! Hurrah! In 5 years, that's 10,000 messages/year or 27 messages per day, not counting the slower start of RAT and the fact that Ezboard trimmed off older messages. In other words: it's more than that average per day. Well done everyone!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
And well done Jasper! Most of the credit for making this possible belongs to you!!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Thanks Robert, but the interest in this forum that causes on average about 2 people/day to sign up is in the content of those 50,000 posts. And although together we are responsible for about 14% of that (:lolSmile, it is thanks to all those other members that this is such a vibrant community. In fact, I'm going to give every member five karma points, one for every year of RAT! Hah!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
No my friend, I meant that it's your organisation, support and shear enthusiasm that causes folks to flock this way and post like they do!
That's what's making us come to RAT and post in such a frenzy..
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
:oops: Big Grin
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
50000! Confusedhock:

who is the person with the most postings anyway?
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
http://www.romanarmy.com/rat/statistics.php
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
interesting to see that the top 5 of posters are responsible for about 26% of the total of posts!
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
And No. 5 is responsible for 3% of the forum's drivel...
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Thanks Jasper, and all others! According to [url:1ps5unhi]http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?url=http://www.romanarmy.com[/url], RomanArmy.Com belongs to the 100,000 most visited sites on the world wide web. The "one week average" is higher than the "three months average", which suggests rising awareness and attention.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
That is so cool Jona! Didn't know that (and I bet Livius.org is much higher :wink: )
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Three cheers for the great site and forum created by Jasper! Fantastic work, may 5 years be just a start!
Quote:I'm going to give every member five karma points, one for every year of RAT! Hah!
Aha! Now I uderstand! I couldn't believe so many karmas in one day... :wink:
Thank you very much!

You remind me the Emperors when celebrating anniversaries or victories... :wink:
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
Quote:
Jasper:3j98oid4 Wrote:I'm going to give every member five karma points, one for every year of RAT! Hah!
Aha! Now I understand! I couldn't believe so many karma's in one day... :wink:
Thank you very much!

You remind me the Emperors when celebrating anniversaries or victories... :wink:

Same here...I was wonder who liked me so much.. :lol:
Quote:In fact, I'm going to give every member five karma points, one for every year of RAT! Hah!

Hurrah, donatives!

If we acclaim a new imperator, will we get more? :twisted:
Der Kessel ist voll Bärks!

Volker Bach