Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imperator Iasper: a poll
IO IO IO !!! Big Grin

And another

IO IO IO !!! for Jasper Big Grin
Florian Himmler (not related!)
Quote:If I'm to be the nurturing type, I'll have to amend my signature to something warmer and fuzzier...
Cheers,
Jenny
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-- Robert Heinlein
I don't know... as a Dad and a Grandfather myself, it seems to me your signature is right on target in terms of communicating an accurate family feeling. I think you should leave it just the way it is.
Robert Stroud
The New Scriptorium
Quote:Florian Himmler (not related!)
I suppose I should also add "not related" to my name... but then, most of you folks would probably not have a clue as to who the Birdman of Alcatraz was...
Robert Stroud
The New Scriptorium
Quote: ...as a Dad and a Grandfather myself, it seems to me your signature is right on target in terms of communicating an accurate family feeling. I think you should leave it just the way it is.

Oh, that's true isn't it? Well, I'll just add some fuzzy "Hugs" or something. LOL.

(Then again, this could look really weird and passive-aggressive if I'm writing something critical... Oh well. Semantics.)

((Not that I would ever write something critical -- no, not me!)) :twisted:

Anyway, thanks for the hails, Carlton and Promotus! Io back to you... Group hugs for everyone... :wink:
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
Quote:I don't even have any children, I suppose you lot will have to do! Wink

I'm a bit old for that thanks :wink: And I don't like cats ever since mine died aged 21.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Welcome back Emperess Jenny! Your Caesar Iasper has done a wonderful job in just the short time I have been here...and I understand the duties a military life can place on a person, though I was smart enough to remain an NCO :wink: Here is hoping you can spend more time with your loyal subjects!
Quote:Your Caesar Iasper has done a wonderful job in just the short time I have been here

He IS a super guy, isn't he? (Let's make him blush some more!)

Glad you have struck a home here, Optio. What did you do in the military? Cavalry, armor, scouts?

You are not that far from my neck of the woods. We will have to organize a RAT dinner for the Southeast US members sometime.

Oh, nice tunic, Tarbicus. :lol:
Cheers,
Jenny

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
Quote:
Quote:Oh, nice tunic, Tarbicus.
Thanks. Based on a find from the French Riviera.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Quote:
Quote:Your Caesar Iasper has done a wonderful job in just the short time I have been here

He IS a super guy, isn't he? (Let's make him blush some more!)

Glad you have struck a home here, Optio. What did you do in the military? Cavalry, armor, scouts?

You are not that far from my neck of the woods. We will have to organize a RAT dinner for the Southeast US members sometime.

Oh, nice tunic, Tarbicus. :lol:

Infantry Jenny...just a poor, dumb grunt....slogging my way thru life... Big Grin wink: Though I noticed you assumed (rightly so, I might add) I was combat arms..imperial intuition?

Added: Agreed, we will have to have a nice get together for those of us in this part of the Empire. It sounds like a nice idea.
Quote:Infantry... just a poor, dumb grunt....slogging my way thru life...
The backbone of the military. Commendations to you, my friend.
Robert Stroud
The New Scriptorium
Quote:
Optio equitum:osj8bbew Wrote:Infantry... just a poor, dumb grunt....slogging my way thru life...
The backbone of the military. Commendations to you, my friend.

Thanks...that can be hard to remember on mile 20 of a 30 mile road march...times I wish I was still in, but then I remember the cuisine and living accommodations, and then I think again... Big Grin
Quote:...that can be hard to remember on mile 20 of a 30 mile road march... times I wish I was still in, but then I remember the cuisine and living accommodations, and then I think again...
My dad (a retired USMC sergeant major) said the young Marines would ask him as he was struggling along on one of those marches at an "advanced" age--younger than I am today--"is this what we have to look forward to if we stay in the Corps?"

Thankfully, I've less experience with long marches than I do with MREs and living in tents. But with respect to those, I certainly concur with your sentiments.
Robert Stroud
The New Scriptorium
Quote:Infantry Jenny...just a poor, dumb grunt....

Ah, the young guys always seem to want Infantry, with the Ranger and/or Airborne options tagged on. Did you know we can actually enlist Special Forces directly off the street now? (They must be 20 years old and meet some pretty high standards, but we put 1 or 2 in SF every month.)

Quote:I was combat arms.. imperial intuition?

Oh I don't know... just a stab... :wink: Thanks for your service, by the way.

Quote:Agreed, we will have to have a nice get together for those of us in this part of the Empire.

Definitely! Totally doable at some point this year. How far are you from Gainesville? Maybe Jacksonville or Atlanta -- although Atlanta traffic can be daunting!
Cheers,
Jenny

I am in West Palm Jenny...down south, about 75 miles north of Miami . Atlanta can be daunting just from a traffic point of view, might I suggest Orlando? Great travel hub and no lack of lodging, throw in the theme parks to play tourist in and everyonehas something to do!
Thank you for your service as well. Are you in recruiting/reenlistment? I picked the Infantry/Airborne/Ranger route myself...I always like to point out what sort of jobs skills I picked up with that career path... :wink: Big Grin
Oooh, good idea about Orlando... We can do Disney Downtown... that's a nice spot for nightlife and dinner. And if people want to come in from out of the region, they could fly easily into the airport there.

Something to think about, probably for fall as it's getting cooler.

If you're in West Palm, you must have done some scuba diving?

(yep, I am a recruiting company commander, only until December -- thank God!)
Cheers,
Jenny