Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
your 19th-20th c. persona?
Private (sometimes higher rank on rare occassion) Douglas Foster
American Civil War:
1st Minnesota or (pick-a-number) NC Regiment
WWII:
120th Infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry Division (USA)
504th or 505th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 82nd Airborne Division (USA)
1/5 Queen's Regiment, 7th Armoured Division (UK)
7th KOSB, 1st Airlanding Brigade, 1st Airborne Division (UK)
and Johannes V­örster FJR6 (Germany)
[size=84:2ykzgt0v]Yes, Alas - I really am that pale...[/size]
SPVRIVS
[size=75:2ykzgt0v]aka Sean Foster[/size]
Quote:7th KOSB, 1st Airlanding Brigade, 1st Airborne Division (UK)
Woha Mohamet! (with a scottisch accent). The Battle of Arnhem was among my earlier great interests and still is. Used to work at the Airborne museum in Summertime for 6 years.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Quote:
Quote:7th KOSB, 1st Airlanding Brigade, 1st Airborne Division (UK)
Woha Mohamet! (with a scottisch accent). The Battle of Arnhem was among my earlier great interests and still is. Used to work at the Airborne museum in Summertime for 6 years.

In 2000 I got to visit there and take part in the commemorative march on the anniversary; we marched from the drop zones to Arnhem Bridge itself. It was one of the most amazing moments of my entire re-enacting life! It certainly put it in greater perspective. I even made it on the cover of OPMARS the publication of living history in the Netherlands:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/ ... mars28.jpg

A week later I got to go to Archeon for the timeline - another wonderful place as we were housed in the re-built Roman bath house and they fed us at the tavern. That was where I first tried on a Roman helmet which helped to infect me with greater interest!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/ ... omanGI.jpg
(YES I know the lorica is on backwards! :oops: Forgive me! But I did not know it then, I was just having fun with the armor that was in the bath house)

Some day I hope to visit the Netherlands again - it has to be the greatest country I have ever visited.
[size=84:2ykzgt0v]Yes, Alas - I really am that pale...[/size]
SPVRIVS
[size=75:2ykzgt0v]aka Sean Foster[/size]