Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings all
I want to say Ave to everyone and I am looking forward to some great discussions. I am new to the Roman Army.<br>
<br>
Salve,<br>
Justianus Gallus <p></p><i></i>
Salve Templar! Feel free to jump in. Where are you from? <p>Legio XX <br>
Caupona Asellinae</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Ave,<br>
<br>
I am from Pennsylvania-USA. I am new to the Roman Army and the use of Latin when writing, so please excuse my lack of Latin word use/basic questions-when posted. I haven't yet decided on an impression, however, think it would be a cool idea to do a Legionnaire-Marine/Sailor. I am still doing the information gathering on the specifics of what a Marine-Legionary would have worn. Any help in that department would be greatly appreciated-by anyone.<br>
<br>
Justianus Gallus <p></p><i></i>
Ask Jasper Oorthuys, he's our expert-in-residence where the Roman navy is concerned. And... welcome aboard!<br>
<br>
Cheers<br>
Jenny <p><br>
--------------------<br>
<br>
"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they are realities, and are often even more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are."<br>
-- Niccoló Machiavelli, <em>The Discourses</em>, 1517. </p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
I should also throw in that there are two units local to you, our Legio XX in Washington (run by our esteemed and renowned Matt Amt), and George Metz's Legio XXIV somewhere around Philadelphia. To my knowledge neither group has done any marine looking impressions. - <p>Legio XX<br>
Caput dolet, pedes fetent, Iesum non amo<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?