Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to R.A.T.
Just figured I'd go ahead and introduce myself, and give a little info.

I'm sixteen, and though I don't really collect anything (other than books) I do have a keen liking of Ancient History, especially Roman, along with any sort of military history. I prefer to keep my interestes Julius Caesar and back, since that particular timeframe keeps my interest easier.

Other than history, I tend to do a lot of writing, mainly fiction stuff, just to keep my mind working.

I've read a few of the threads here and I hope to learn a lot, since my knowledge is only at what I consider a ''general'' level of knowledge, I don't know a whole lot of indepth, detailed stuff, such as the exact name for the helmets, the Latin names for a lot of things, stuff like that.

Glad to be here,

Colton
Hi Colton
Welcome to RAT. Go ahead and browse through the mass of threads here, use the search to find what you need and remember to ask away!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Hi Colton,
Just 16 eh? Well, old enough to be drafted! :twisted: Welcome to RAT ans don't hesitate to ask - we won't bite and we've only first names here!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
welcome to RAT!
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Quote:I'm sixteen, and though I don't really collect anything (other than books) I do have a keen liking of Ancient History... Other than history, I tend to do a lot of writing, mainly fiction stuff...
I'm sure you know there is a lot of fine Roman-related fiction (and alternative history) out there... What do you like to write?
Robert Stroud
The New Scriptorium