Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello everyone
Hello everyone. I've lurked here every so often in the past but I'm not sure that I've ever introduced myself. Recently my enthusiasm for Ancient Rome has boiled over into a decision to attend college/university to make it my life's work and I thought that instead of lurking, I'd say hello. I'll be a 40 year old freshman with dreams of a doctorate but dreams are what keep things interesting, right?<br>
<br>
Nice to meet you all and I look forward to chatting with you. I'm more of a historian than a Roman military enthusiast but as the periods that I find most fascinating all involve the legions and their generals, (The Year of 4 Caesars, Marcus Aurelius, Septimius Severus, Julian II) I'm sure this will be a fascinating place to be.<br>
<br>
I'm a veteran of several hundred posts on one of the firearms forums so I'm familiar with the need for courtesy and respect. I've been collecting Roman coins for a couple of years now and that kind of research has me familiar with the faces and the places. I know a pugio from a gladius and a pilum from a scutum so I hope to be able to avoid at least a few of the language mistakes. And lastly, I know that movies about Rome do not a Rome make so I won't present the Gladiator version of Commodus as fact.<br>
<br>
I hope to be worthy of your patience and I look forward to learning and discussing. Take care, Morgan<br>
<br>
<p>Avons s'il vous plais la paix.</p><i></i>
welcome to the forum sphinxie!<br>
<br>
feel free to ask around <p>-------------------------------------------------------<br>
A great flame follows a little spark.<br>
Dante Alighieri,The Divine Comedy<br>
</p><i></i>
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.