Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
German & English speakers
Hi Uwe,<br>
Will do, it´s just that flu, work, moving house and all is taking a lot of my time. Some legion will be on its way in the future! <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Japser, get well soon !<br>
<br>
II Italica has been sent and is looking for a proofreader<br>
<br>
And happy new year to all of you.<br>
<br>
Greetings,<br>
Flavius Promotus <p></p><i></i>
Florian Himmler (not related!)
good to see that the number of translators is increasing!<br>
<br>
What is the status so far? (my translation of III Cyrenaica is almost done). When i look at RA.com i see no updates on Ritterling, even my previous 7 translations.... (were they THAT bad... ) <p>Volo anaticulam cumminosam meam!</p><i></i>
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Uhmmm, basically it's the spellcheckers that are a bit slow now. <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Hi Jasper,<br>
<br>
I only wanted to examine my icon - thanks for your advice. I hope the motive does not offend against any from your rules (icons for tirones)?<br>
<br>
By the way, where remains my legion?<br>
<br>
Ave, Uwe. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=uwebahr>Uwe Bahr</A> at: 1/10/04 8:02 pm<br></i>
Greets - Uwe
Hi Uwe,<br>
I've got a bit of a backlog with the Ritterling thing now. It'll get to you sometime. Life gets in the way, that's all. <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Hi. Just saw this. I'm Austrian and I study English and Translation at uni. So if you still have something left for me to translate just contact me. <p></p><i></i>
I know you probably don't need any more proofreaders, but I am a native speaker of it and also study english as a part of my major along with history, so if you need some additional help i would be willing. <p></p><i></i>
"Freedom was at stake- freedom, which whets the courage of brave men"- Titus Livius

Nil recitas et vis, Mamerce, poeta videri.
Quidquid vis esto, dummodo nil recites!- Martial
If anyone needs anything translating from American English into British English I am your man<br>
<br>
I can do regional dialects too;<br>
<br>
"weez at dewer ??"<br>
<br>
" Thes bloody Roomans ... ah telt em the'l get nowt an ter gan yem !"<br>
<br>
"Ahs thee gan ?"<br>
<br>
" Nah , thes burnin th'ouse !!"<br>
<br>
Conal<br>
<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>
Yup, I need more proofreaders again. If you want to help out, please send me a message on JasperATromanarmy.com. <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Jasper,<br>
I can assist with proof reading in English. What format are you using? It is probably in the previous posts, I will try and go back and look.<br>
<br>
I am having problems with German language. I am trying to translate/read Todleben's Defense of Sevastopol, in 1860's German. I am running into words that are not in my dictionaries, or which seem to have changed meanings..... Anyone interested in helping me understand 1860's German? <p></p><i></i>
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
moderator, Roman Army Talk
link to the rules for posting
[url:2zv11pbx]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=22853[/url]
Hi Caius,<br>
They are simple Word files, but if that's a problem, I'm sure I can convert them to something that would work for you. <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Caius,<br>
<br>
what German words are you talking about?<br>
perhaps i can help. <p>-------------------------------------------------------<br>
A great flame follows a little spark.<br>
Dante Alighieri,The Divine Comedy<br>
</p><i></i>
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Jasper, "word" is fine with me. I'll be back at my home computer in a couple of days, and I can start proofing whatever you want. I'll give you a private email address that will allow large files.<br>
<br>
I'll also have a list of puzzling German terms, which may be interesting, or may just be very simple, (for anyone other than myself!!!) <p></p><i></i>
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
moderator, Roman Army Talk
link to the rules for posting
[url:2zv11pbx]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=22853[/url]
Being of dual nationality and bilingual, I'd be happy to translate a bit of Ritterling or proofread whatever you have... even though it might take a little time as I'm on quite a hectic schedule at the mo!

What legions are still up for grabs? Any exciting ones? If the III Augusta is still around I'd happily do it...

Lucius
Christoph Rummel