Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you like best about RAT?
Almost three years ago, Jenny Cline started Romanarmy.com & romanarmytalk as communal projects: they were supposed to bring Roman army enthusiasts together and create a website with an enormous amount of knowledge on the subject.<br>
I'd say it's about time we took stock and learnt from the experiences and opinions of the hundreds of members on RAT.<br>
So, in this thread, what do you like best about RAT and how would you like to see it improved? Let's hear it! <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
What I like most about RAT is the diversity and knowledge that is brought to the table. I am a 22 year old student from the United States, and have had many conversations with people from all over the world, and they have found mistakes in my various theories and helped me to correct them. The chance for a student to talk to all these historians and roman history nuts on this site is invaluble. The only thing I could see that might need improving is the chat room. <p>O xein angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti tede keimetha tois keinon rhemasi peithomenoi -<br>
<br>
Simonides</p><i></i>
"Freedom was at stake- freedom, which whets the courage of brave men"- Titus Livius

Nil recitas et vis, Mamerce, poeta videri.
Quidquid vis esto, dummodo nil recites!- Martial
Jenny's iron hand in the velvet glove.<br>
<br>
Bill Altimari <p></p><i></i>
Ah, someone IS missing me...<br>
<br>
I've been scarce for some time, mainly due to some significant life changes (returning from overseas after 6 years abroad, divorcing -- yes I am now single again -- and starting a demanding new job as a recruiting company commander in Florida.)<br>
<br>
I'm very grateful to Rich and Jasper and all the staff for stepping up to cover my lengthy time away. It's a pleasure to check back and see that all is well -- even without (or in spite of..?) the iron hand sheathed in velvet...<br>
<br>
What I like best about RAT is meeting new people and watching them settle in and find a home here among the friendly regulars. The vision of a community where we can learn and teach one another... it's realized every day through you all's efforts. So thanks!<br>
<br>
Jenny <p><br>
--------------------<br>
<br>
"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they are realities, and are often even more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are."<br>
-- Niccoló Machiavelli, <em>The Discourses</em>, 1517. </p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
Ah Jenny,<br>
<br>
great to hear from you again. <p>-------------------------------------------------------<br>
A great flame follows a little spark.<br>
Dante Alighieri,The Divine Comedy<br>
</p><i></i>
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
What I like best about RAT is the ability to ask questions and get answers. I really learned the limitations of my own knowledge here, and the ways to solve that.<br>
I also met great people here, some of which I think I may call friends, even if they're a thousand miles away.<br>
Thanks for making that possible. <p>Valete,<br>
Valerius/Robert<br>
[url=http://www.fectio.org.uk/" target="top]fectienses seniores[/url]</p><i></i>
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)