Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RAT v2
With EzBoard charging us more and more every year, we've been looking around for a better way to have RA.com & RAT integrated. We now have a new RAT working! It'll surely be a while till it's all perfect, but I'm sure you'll find it will feel like good ol' RAT soon enough (without popups and banners!) Find it here: www.romanarmy.com/rat.html <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p200.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=jasperoorthuys>Jasper Oorthuys</A> at: 4/5/05 9:09 am<br></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Looks great Jasper. Question will be, how to migrate everything and everyone? <p>Legio XX<br>
Caput dolet, pedes fetent, Iesum non amo<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Simple answer: not. Afaik, there's no way to get the data from this board into another. User will have to reregister at the new RAT. That though, can be backupped and won't be pruned! <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
that looks nice!. I will reregister!<br>
Will there be a countdown when the "old" RAT will stop? <p>-------------------------------------------------------<br>
A great flame follows a little spark.<br>
Dante Alighieri,The Divine Comedy<br>
</p><i></i>
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
I guess we'll have to close this down sometime. Better make sure the new one works perfect first though! <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Perhaps the threads could be closed and a hyperlink to the new board/thread inserted? That would be a great way to redirect folks pointed to the old RAT by existing search engines. <p>Legio XX<br>
Caput dolet, pedes fetent, Iesum non amo<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Sure! I just can't, cause I don't have the power of mod here. <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
What will happen to Greek Army Talk and the othe sister boards?<br>
Could we include these in the new board (please)? <p>Valete,<br>
Valerius/Robert<br>
[url=http://www.fectio.org.uk/" target="top]fectienses seniores[/url]</p><i></i>
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Include? So it becomes something like Ancient Warfare Talk? <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Ancient Warfare Talk? What about Ancient Reenactment Talk? I liked Roman Civ - not much happening, but I wouldn't feel silly posting questions about gum arabic ink or oil of ben there. <p></p><i></i>
Der Kessel ist voll Bärks!

Volker Bach
I wouldn't want it to turn into a reenactment only forum, so reenactment in the title is not a good idea (to me). Other suggestions could be discussed, of course. <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
i think its a great idea of robert to include the sisterboards in 1 place, in this way we have everybody together in 1 place.<br>
<br>
looking at the new RAT, perhaps we give the sisterboards a seperate section in the research-section:<br>
<br>
- Roman Military History & Archaeology<br>
- Roman Combat Sports (RCS)<br>
- Roman Civ Talk (RCT)<br>
- Greek Army Talk (GAT)<br>
<br>
Robert, do you have an idea/ view about this?<br>
<p>-------------------------------------------------------<br>
A great flame follows a little spark.<br>
Dante Alighieri,The Divine Comedy<br>
</p><i></i>
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Great idea Jeroen!<br>
<br>
One would almost start discussing this in Dutch (RAT 'Romeins Achternamiddag Theekransje' )..<br>
<br>
I think that's a better idea than those languishing separate boards.. For let's face it, apart from some sections in these boards, and for a week or so at most, it's pretty quiet there.<br>
I would check these much sooner when I saw there new postings, on this one and only RAT board.<br>
Nothing wrong witha few few 'sub' sections, indeed! <p>Valete,<br>
Valerius/Robert<br>
[url=http://www.fectio.org.uk/" target="top]fectienses seniores[/url]</p><i></i>
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
It be done!<br>
<p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
What's up with the page header at the moment? I remember a new design with reliefs and photos etc, but this one seems to have some standard bearers marching into a grey fog - I'm tempted to imagine this as a subtle comment on the obscurity of historical debate or something... :wink:

More to the point, the old board had a header that linked to Romanarmy.com (the main site), whereas this one just links to itself. This isn't too much of a problem really, but it was handy having the quick link from the old board.

I do find this new format a lot pleasanter. Good to lose those ads too - the main difficulty now, I suppose, will be drawing everyone across from the old site. At the moment there seem to be simultaneous discussions on the same topics going on.

Good work Jasper.
Nathan Ross