Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tristan and Isolde
I rent the movie & I love it, it shows some late roman frescoes in some places... The guy Tristan!... Gosh!, he can fight!

The Irish King, its that crazy Irish friend of wallace in Brave Hearth!

Remarks by Philip on the Athenian Leaders:
Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
What about "The Last of the Mohicans" and "Glory". Not bad in my opinion....
Johnny
Johnny Shumate
Quote:What about "The Last of the Mohicans" and "Glory". Not bad in my opinion....
Johnny

That one I had only see it once long time ago, I cant remember the movie so well, but I think it has alot of action, I would rent that one...

I bet you did like the serie "Into the West" :wink: ...

Remarks by Philip on the Athenian Leaders:
Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
Quote:Greetings,
Vortigern Studies:28i28baw Wrote:Why in brown? Why always in brown drab colours? Does Hollywood think they disliked coloured fabrics back then? Or that they could not dye clothing, perchance? Or that they were colourblind? Or worse, that we are?
It could be something to do with the Brehon law that stated colours could only be worn according to your status...7 colours for a Druid/Filidh and the King (I think Druids wore striped cloaks)...down to one colour for peasants...
Can't find actual references at the moment...
found it....on a website about my ancestors on the Irish side..... :lol:
King Tighernmas... made a law that each grade of society should be known by the number of colours in its wearing apparel:- the clothes of a slave should be of one colour; those of a soldier two (according to Keating two was for a plebeian); the dress of a commanding officer to be of three colours (Keating states three were for a soldier or young lord); a gentlemen's dress, who kept a table for the free entertainment of strangers, to be of four colours (Keating says that four colours were reserved for a brughaidh or public victualler); five colours to be allowed for nobility or the chiefs (Keating states five is for the lord of a tuath or cantred); and the King, Queen, and Royal Family, as well as the Druids, historians, and other learned men to wear six colours (Keating states six is for an ollamh or chief professor of any liberal arts, and that of King and Queen). This information is taken from the ancient 'Book of Rights'. It is believed that this mode of dress may be the origin of the Scotch plaid.
regards
Arthes

1612BCE to 1535 BCE Tighernmas some how i doubt this is medieval dark age. i think your author is pulling a lot of stingsand hot air at implying the scotish plaids Smile
Tiberius Claudius Lupus

Chuck Russell
Keyser,WV, USA
[url:em57ti3w]http://home.armourarchive.org/members/flonzy/Roman/index.htm[/url]